Chapter 45: Forgiveness

(Tsuyu's POV)

I bolted all the way from the park back to school, crying the whole way back. I burst open the doors to the dorms, Jiro now sitting alone. 

"Tsu…is everything ok?" She asked caringly. "Please, just let me be alone." I begged, sniffling. She sighed. "Alright. When you're ready, I'm here." She let me know as I bolted up the stairs to my dorm room.

I opened up my room and slammed the door shut. I layed down face first and continued crying into my pillow.

'Why? Why would he choose being a hero over being with me? And why would he call me crazy? Because I changed my dream to be a duo with him?' I questioned in my head.

I don't know how long it had been, but I heard a knock at my door. I slowly got up and dragged myself to the door. I opened the door, but nobody was there. I looked down and saw this beautiful cake and a note.

I slowly picked them up and brought them inside, closing the door behind me. The cake was this beautiful blue frosting covered cake, with green frosting that looks like it resembles lily pads, with some gummy worms on it as well. It looked beautiful, I started tearing up again, but with tears of joy. I remembered there was a note and started reading it.

"Dear Tsuyu,

I'm sorry we had to go through everything that happened today. I said some things I shouldn't have. You're not crazy, you're smart, beautiful, funny, and the most genuinely kind person I've ever met. I'm so lucky to have met you. I never wanted to judge you, but I didn't want to be the reason you threw away this opportunity at being a hero for me. As for if I'd go off to be a hero, I would, but you never let me finish. I would because no matter what, I would never leave you. You helped me out so much in my life. As cheeky as this sounds, you are my hero.

Love-
(Y/N)"

I started crying after reading the note. I immediately started going back down to the main lobby. When I got there, (Y/N) was still there. I ran up to him, giving him a big hug, kissing him deeply, then placing my head on his chest.