Chapter 39: Shopping

(Tsuyu's POV)

I shook my head, removing those thoughts for now. "Oh, I know, haha." I tried playing it off with some laughter. "Suuuuure. What's going on in that head of yours Tsu?" Ochako knocks on my head, not believing me. 

"Just some things. I'm not sure how much I can say." I confess. She puts her hand on my shoulder before hugging me. "You can always talk to me about anything. You're my best friend in the whole world. If you don't feel comfortable talking about it here, or even at all, I completely understand. But I'm always here."

I hug her back, a little embarrassed that I'm being comforted like this in a coffee shop, but I also don't care. I felt at ease. "Thanks Ochako, ribbit. I needed that."

We decided to order our drinks to go. "The total will be $10 ladies." Ochako decided to pay for us before I even had a chance. "No complaining. Take this as my way of saying thanks for the invite." She insisted. "Thanks Ochako. You're the best!" I exclaimed, embracing her in a hug.

We got our drinks and started heading off to the supermarket again. We decided to continue catching up as we walked to the supermarket, talking about how Midoriya and (Y/N) have been, before arriving at the store

We ended up shopping around the supermarket for around half an hour before we checked out and started heading back to the school dorms. "Hey Ochako?" She looked at me confused. "Is everything ok Tsu?"

"Yeah, just some things I wanted to say. About earlier." I confessed. She stopped and looked me dead in the eyes. "I'm here for you Tsu. Don't force yourself to talk to me about it if you're uncomfortable."

"Nono. I'm ok talking about it. You just caught me off guard back there" I insured her. "You said I don't hate the idea of a secret admirer. I really didn't have a comment on that. Yeah, you're right to a degree. It's fun knowing people like you, it brings your spirits up. But, it's also weird if they do, since I love (Y/N) and I'd never leave his side." I admitted. 

'I don't think I should tell her about my hero opportunity. I'm afraid she'll feel jealous and grow resentful.' I thought to myself. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I really didn't mean to." She apologized.

I chuckled. "Nono, it's not your fault, ribbit. You brought up good points where I would've thought that if I noticed. Now, let's hurry back." I suggested. She nodded in agreement. We walked the rest of the way back, just finishing our earlier chat about catching up.