Chapter 4: Christmas Day

(Tsuyu's POV)

It was the next day, and the Christmas party was starting in a few hours and there were a few last minute preparations we had to complete.

I bumped into Ochako who had a slight blush on her face. She seemed to be in a hurry. "Hey, Ochako, ribbit." I greeted, a smile on my face.

"H-Hey Tsuyu. Uh... sorry to leave so soon, but I gotta go. Sorry!" She quickly rushed by me, turning a corner.

I stared at the corner where she turned, 'Strange, what was she rushing for? And her cheeks were all red. I wonder what's going on...' I thought, my head tilting slightly.

A few hours later, it was party time. A few of us grouped up together to exchange gifts. I nervously tapped (Y/N) on the shoulder with a gift in one hand, and a blush on my cheeks.

"H-Hello, (Y/N). M-Merry Christmas, ribbit." I said, a complete flustering mess.

He reached his hand out and grabbed the gift out of my hand, beginning to unwrap it.

"It's the new game that just came out. I remembered overhearing you and Deku talking about it, so I figured I'd get you it, ribbit. I hope you like it." I smiled nervously, hoping that he liked it.

"I-I love it! Thank you Tsu! It's amazing!" He explained boldly. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wrapped gift, holding it out with a blush on his cheeks, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh.. this is for you, Tsu."

I took the gift box from his hands and gently unwrapped it curious about what it could be. Inside was a pair of Froggy earrings. "I know you don't wear jewelry a lot, but I thought you'd look good with them, so I bought these for you."

"Thank you, (Y/N)! I absolutely love them! Ribbit!" I walk over to a mirror on the wall and put them on. I smiled, admiring the light green earrings.

"They look good on you, Tsu." (Y/N) complemented, walking up from behind me, making me blush.

I turned my head,"T-Thank you. Merry Christmas, (Y/N)." I stammered.

"Merry Christmas Tsu." He replied, a slight smile on his face. I turned around and next thing I know, he's hugging me. I returned the embrace, the blush on my face growing even more vibrant.

(Ochako's POV)

Soft music was playing, the lights on the christmas tree were on, there was a fire in the fireplace, and everyone was sitting on the sofas in the common area. I held a cup of hot chocolate in my hands, it being topped with a thick dollop of whipped cream and marshmallows. All of a sudden, I saw Midoriya appear, and when he saw me, he started looking freaked out, like he thought I heard something I wasn't supposed to. I stood up and swiftly walked out of the room with an embarrassed tint on my cheeks. It didn't want to intrude on something they might not want me to hear.

I halted in my tracks, seeing Tsuyu in front of me. "Hey, Uraraka, ribbit." She greeted, a smile on her frog-ish face.

"H-Hey, Tsuyu. Uh... sorry to leave so soon, but I gotta go. Sorry!" I apologized as I ran passed her, waving as I turned around a corner.

Later that night, I put on a nice outfit and some makeup before I would go downstairs to the party. "Okay, Ochako. Tonight's the night you confess your love." I said to myself in the mirror before leaving my room, trying to gain confidence.

I stepped out of my room, a nervous blush on my cheeks as I clenched my fists in determination. I walked down the hall, unexpectedly bumping into Midoriya. "M-Midoriya! I-I'm sorry..." I stuttered, my face erupting in flames as I unexpectedly ran into him.

"N-No, it's fine. I should've watched where I was going," He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

'I didn't think he would be up here! Now what?!' I thought, anxiously avoiding his gaze as I pondered what to do next.

"I'm gonna head down to the party. I'll see you down there?" He asked nervously. Seemingly nervous to be around me.

'Well, it's now or never!'

"Uh, Midoriya!" I called. He turned around, humming in response.

"Yes?" He questioned, head tilting to the side as he waited for me to continue.

"U-Um... Actually... I wanted to show you something... If you don't mind. It's your Christmas gift, but it's too big to carry."

"Ochako, you didn't have to get me anything." He said. I smiled anxiously.

"I know... I just thought that I should get this off my chest..." I mumbled, making him tilt his head.

"Chest?"

My eyes widened and I quickly laughed, trying to play it off. "Yep! The chest I keep in my room at the foot of my bed. I made it and I kept it there." I lied, laughing nervously. But then I realized it didn't quite match up with what I said earlier with the gift being too big to carry, yet it could fit in the small chest I had? Ugh, I'm such an idiot!

He nodded his head, a small smile forming on his face. "Sure. Just lead the way."

I let out a relieved sigh, "Okay. It's back this way." I said and turned around, looking over my shoulder as I walked with him following next to me.

I led him to the stairwell and paused at the base, as he went up the stairs. "Wait!" I yelled to him

He turned around with a confused look on his face. "Everything okay?" He asked, a worried expression on his freckled face.

"Y-yea. C-Could you come here for a sec? There's something back here behind the stairs, and... um, I'm not sure what it is." I lied.

He silently nodded his head, and came back down the stairs and looked behind them. "I don't see anything unusual." He observed, confused at my statement.

"Look up." I said, pointing at the mistletoe above his head. His face flushed instantly. "Merry Christmas, Midoriya." I said blushing with a smile on my face.

I leaned in and kissed his lips gently before pulling away, turning around as I placed my hands on my cheeks, feeling how warm they were. 'Did I really just do that? He must hate my guts right now.' I thought to myself, knowing I just ruined an amazing friendship

"Merry Christmas, Ochako." He said back. My eyes widened and I turned around, next thing I know, he's the one kissing me. I sink into the kiss a little bit, my heart fluttering with joy. He pulled away after a few brief seconds. "I really like you Ochako. I've liked you for awhile now, actually. And I totally get it if you-"

I shut him up with another quick kiss. "I like you too, you big goofball." He held me for a while, right there under the mistletoe. The moment couldn't get any more perfect.