Chapter 27: Betrayal

(Midoriya's POV)

As I'm bolting down the halls, so many questions are running through my head. I just don't get why he'd do this. He was one of the most beloved students here. Even Bakugo liked him. He was my best friend. I was the first person he met when he came here.

As I'm knocking on everyone's dorm room doors, I quickly tell them "Main living room. Now! Everyone's needed." I feel a vibration in my pocket. Ochako had contacted Mr. Aizawa who then sent out a mass emergency message to the students and staff. 'See, I told her to just calm down. She's one of the smartest people I know when her emotions are in check' I thought to myself. 

Around 5 minutes later, everyone was gathered in the living room. Everyone was wondering where Tsuyu and (Y/N) were. I explained to everyone that Tsuyu had gone missing. I then played the video that was registered on the video camera. When the video ended, there was pure silence. 

After what felt like ages, it was Todoroki who broke the silence. "This is my fault." He commented. Everyone turned to look at him. "I offered to help him with Tsuyu. How to confess his feelings to him. How I'd known because I heard Midoriya and him talking about it before. If I didn't help him, we might not be in this mess. At least, not yet."

Then, the most unexpected thing happened. Bakugo went up to Todoroki and hugged him. Bakugo, the toughest guy I know, who shows no emotion to anyone but anger and rage, hugging Todoroki. "This isn't your fault dammit." He told Todoroki. "Nobody caught on, so it's all our fault. There's a good chance he would've done it before graduation anyway." He said, trying to comfort the depressed boy. 

"This isn't good." All Might chimed. "He knows how we fight. He knows our secrets. That alone would make him dangerous. But he's a skilled fighter, arguably even more so than Bakugo and Young Midoriya."

With all the commotion, Mr. Aizawa pulled me and Ochako aside. "Midoriya. Ochako. I get that there's a lot going on. But, I need you to listen to me closely. There's something (Y/N) had told me right after his transfer here."