Chapter 5: New Years Eve

(Your POV)

News of the new couple traveled fast around our school. Things weren't really different with our friend group during the past week, just that they were spending more time together alone, especially at lunch.

On the day of New Years Eve, while laying in bed, I got a text from Midoriya:

Midoriya: "It's been one week, (Y/n). Remember our deal😏."

(Y/n): "I know. I haven't found the right time. The way it happened with you was so romantic. Also, didn't she confess to you first?"

Midoriya: "Well, yea. But I still confessed in the end, so now you need to confess too."

(Y/n): "Cheap, but fine. A deal's a deal."

Midoriya: "Great. I gotta get going. I have to call Ochako and arrange a date for tonight."

(Y/n): "Alright. Enjoy yourself you lovebirds."

I put the phone down and stared at the ceiling. "God, how am I going to confess?" I said out loud.

"She's beautiful, smart, and talented. What chance would I ever have with someone like her?" I asked myself, suddenly becoming gloomy.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I yelled from my bed.

"It's Todoroki. Can we talk?" He asked through the door.

I got up to let him in. "Sure. What's up man?" I asked, closing the door behind him as he stepped inside.

He sat down at my table. "Well, being that we have neighboring rooms, I overheard everything. Plus, I was only half asleep when I found out both yours and Midoriya's crushes."

My cheeks instantly flustered up, but he just laughed. "Relax man. I never told anyone. Those secrets are safe with me. But, I can help you confess."

Now he had my attention. "Y-you can?" I ask curiously. He simply nods. "How?"

"Well, tonight is New Year's Eve. Why don't I spend some time with her, and then when it gets close to midnight, step away. Then, I'll text you where she is."

I smile, still blushing. "Thanks man. I appreciate your help, but I'm good. I want to do this myself, the right way. I did need this talk though. So...thanks again for being here." I said, giving him a fist bump. "You're a good friend."

"No problem man. Anytime. I'm here for you." He said as he got up and left.

Hours passed and it was getting dark out. A party was happening downstairs to celebrate the new year, but I didn't really want to go tonight.

As the clock was getting closer to midnight, I wanted to find a good spot to see the fireworks, since I couldn't find one last year.

I wandered around aimlessly outside looking for a spot before spotting a giant oak tree on top of a hill.

'Perfect! That looks like a great spot.' I thought to myself as I climbed the hill.

"W-Who's there? Ribbit." A voice said as soon as I reached the top. I instantly recognized it to be Tsu's and blushed a bit.

"It's just me, Tsuyu. Sorry for startling you." I chuckled slightly, walking to the other side of the tree.

"O-Oh. Hi, (Y/n). It's ok. I'm just used to being alone here watching the fireworks. What brings you here?" She asked me curiously.

"Well, I couldn't find a good spot last year, so I decided to try and find a new one this year, haha." I laughed, and she joined in.

"Nobody helped you find a good spot last year? Ribbit." I shook my head no. "O-Oh. Well you can stay here. This is the perfect spot."

She pats the ground next to her. As I sit down, she blushes and looks away. "T-Thanks, Tsu." I pull out my phone to check the time.

"11:55. This year is almost over." I say a bit relieved

"Yeah, thank goodness for that. Ribbit." She chuckles. I blush and look away. 'God I love her cute little laugh.' I thought to myself.

"Has it really been only a little over a year since I got transferred here?" I asked.

"Mhm. I remember meeting you on your first day. You were such a geek, but the good kind. One that was willing to help, even if you didn't know what to do." She looked at me and smiled, making my heart flutter.

Suddenly, the fireworks went off. It was officially the start of a new year.

I turned to face Tsuyu "Happy New Year, Tsu."

"Happy New Year, (Y/n)" she replied, still facing me.

The next thing I knew, we slowly leaned in, our breath could be felt on our faces, and our lips collided in a kiss.