Chapter 20: The School Fair

(Your POV)

It had been three weeks since I confronted my family for the first time in years. Tsu kept going to the cafe like planned. She even brought Ochako once. However, we had another task at hand. Today was the day of the school fair. Ever since we agreed on the booth being a bake sale, I've been teaching Tsu some baking tips. Of course her younger siblings enjoyed it, because they got some free sweets out of it.

We had a little booth set up, and the staff was nice enough to let us use the community kitchen to bake, as long as they got half-price-off all baked goods. Tsu's younger siblings had helped her design the signs, while I decided what would be on the menu.

Around an hour before we opened, Tsu had just shown up. "S-Sorry I'm a bit late, ribbit." She looked a bit tired. I grabbed her a chair and motioned her to sit down away from the hot ovens, which she gladly accepted.

"It's ok Tsu. But the better question is, are you ok? You look really tired. Do you need a coffee or something? I have a pot made already." I asked, heading over to pour myself a cup.

"N-No. I'm fine. I was just up late last night. I made us something for today." She reached her hand out and handed me our menu. But it wasn't the boring styled menu on a blank piece of paper like I made. There was art, and colors, and everything you could've imagined to get people's attention.

"Wow. You made this?" I asked her, getting a nod in response. "How late did you need to stay up to make this?"

"Um... around two in the morning. But I'll be fine, trust me, ribbit." She responded. On one hand, I was happy. She went out of the way and stayed up really late to make this menu look amazing. However, she was going against the second rule I taught her on baking, to always be well rested before baking.

"Tsu. I know you said you don't want coffee, but you need caffeine. It's 8AM. If you finished making that at 2, you couldn't have gotten more than six hours of sleep."

"It was only 5 hours, but I'll be fine, trust me." She said with a yawn. I shook my head.

"No. You need sleep, or you need caffeine. Your choice." I told her.

"If I have to choose, I'll take caffeine, ribbit." She got up and started to fill a pot with water and make herself a cup of tea with extra sugar.

Around an hour had passed since then and students were starting to come down to hang out. Sure enough, the business plan worked. A bake sale was brilliant, as not only did it play off a hidden skill of mine, but it was also a place people could come to all day. Both students and teachers *who were totally not abusing the fact they got half off everything* were buying muffins, danishes, and biscuits for breakfast.

Later in the day, things slowed down, but only somewhat. We were still getting people left and right wanting cookies, slices of cake, slices of pie, and even some of our breakfast stuff. It got to the point around 1 we needed a break, and so we took one, closing our stand for a bit to go eat.

We ended up getting permission to leave the campus to go grab a bite to eat. I ended up taking her to a diner nearby for lunch.

"Phew, it feels good to be the ones having others cook for you today, right?" I joked. Despite my love for the art of culinary, it's always nice to eat out at a Diner sometimes.

She chuckled at my joke just as our lunch arrived. We ate our food while talking. We talked about the payback plan. We talked about school. We talked about her family. We just talked and talked and talked.

Eventually, we finished eating. I paid the bill, thanked the waiter, grabbed her hand, and we started to walk back to the school. We ended up arriving back at school around 2:30, which gave us a few more hours to eat money.

We reopened as soon as we got back, and continued working until 7, when things completely calmed down, as the school fair ended. Honestly, I had a great day. I got to spend it all with my beautiful girlfriend. We made a ton of money. All was right.

We went upstairs and hid our money before going back downstairs to hang out with the gang, Midoriya, Ochako, and Todoroki. We all got a chance to catch up, and we joked about how Todoroki was basically a fifth wheel, which he played off.

"You guys do know if I truly wanted a girlfriend, I could get one, right?" He asked, making me chuckle inside. Honestly, out of the three of us guys here, Todoroki is definitely the best looking out of us. Midoriya is the smartest and strongest out of us. And me? Well... I'm me. But I'm happy being me. I got the most beautiful, talented, amazing girlfriend in the world, and I have amazing friends to hang out with. What more could I possibly want?

Around an hour later, Ochako, Midoriya, and Todoroki all went to their rooms. Me and Tsu stayed down there a bit longer, before we started making our way back to our rooms.

We stopped at the staircase and came together for a kiss. We then hugged for a long time. I closed my eyes for a minute, and then reopened them. It made me regret what I was about to do... What I needed to do...

"I'm sorry Tsu..." I activated my quirk, surrounding my fist in a heat controlled plasma veil. I then let go of her, and hit her with a nasty right hook, knocking her out.

"I had to..."