Chapter 10: Goodbye New Friend

(Your POV)

I threw another orb. This time at his feet, missing purposely. I was curious on what the orb was, and just how strong it was. The impact damage left behind was surprising; the surrounding ground inside the small crater turned black from char and gleamed a bright red from the extraordinary heat the impact caused.

I look down towards my hands, surrounded by the same color I saw while I was in my ‘safe house’. I slowly rose my head, my eyes eventually rising to meet with my bully. He was cowering on the ground like a small child. It excited me.

I smiled to myself and walked up to him as I raised my hand, readying another strike. “Give me one reason why I shouldn’t kill you.” I threatened, my fist surrounded by the same light from the ‘tree house’.

He looked up at me in fear, thrusting his leg forward in an attempt to knock me down. The tip of his shoe grazed the tip of my own shoes. I was just out of his reach.

He scooted backward until he hit the swings, and started to cry, his small, miserable life flashing before his eyes.

“Goodbye, you jerk.” I tell him, and winded my arm backwards, ready to kill him for hurting my new friend, and my brother.

Before I could throw the orb, I felt something wet grab my arm, preventing me from throwing the orb to end him and his miserable little life.

I turn around and it’s Tsuyu, using her tongue to hold me back. I turn around, the orb fading from my hand.

“T-thank you, frog girl.” The bully thanked her, still cowering against swings, now holding on to the pole.

“I guess my power is useful for something, right? Ribbit.” She mocked. The bully just nodded.
“Now say you’re sorry.” She demanded, staring into his eyes. 

“I’m so sorry!.” He cried, tears pouring out of his eyes, still scared for his life.

“You are forgiven. Now, run along, and don’t forget this.” He instantly got up, and ran away as soon as she finishes her sentence. “Thank you, (Y/N). Now let’s get your brother and find your parents, ribbit.” She says

I try touching his sleeve, but I burn a hole in it. I still had that color around my fists, and didn’t know how to get rid of it.

“(Y/N)? Everything ok?” Tsuyu asked me, with a puzzled look on her face.

“I-I don’t know. This has never happened to me. I don’t know what I did, and I don’t know what to do.”  I tell her, my voice shaky.

“Hmph. Ok, tell me where your parents are, and I’ll get them.” She tells me.

I point to a red toyota sitting in the parking lot. A minute later, she came hopping back, my parents running next to her.

“Oh my god. Kids, are you two ok?” My mom asked worriedly, tears in her eyes as she noticed my brother laying on the ground.

“I’m not sure... These colors on my body won’t go away, and they burn everything I touch. And brother won’t get up. He’s still breathing, it looks like.” I tell her, holding out my arms which still had the blueish-purple lights surrounding them.

“Manami, do you know what this is? Our little child found their quirk. I’m so proud of you (Y/N)! Show it to us.” My father exclaimed, a twinkle in his eye.

I get the orb to form in my hand and throw it at the ground. He bends down to look at it.

He laughed slightly in astonishment. “You’ve got a plasma based quirk. You can fire cooled balls of plasma from your hands. I know how to fix your color problem. It’s called an aura. Think of something that calms you down. Maybe try thinking of a happy memory.” He suggested to me.

I looked around. I see my new friend, Tsuyu smiling. I see my brother, who risked his health to help my friend for me, unconscious, seeing how far he’d sacrifice himself for me and the people I cared about. I see my parents who were proud of me, showing it on their faces with wide smiles. Suddenly, my aura was gone. I touched the sleeve of my dad’s shirt, the fabric remaining in its place without a hole burning through it.

They both rushed over and hugged me, wrapping their arms tightly around me. “I’m sorry, but we have to go now. We need to get your brother to a hospital, he’s in a lot of pain. Say goodbye to your new friend. We’ll be in the car.” Mom said as my dad crouched down to carry my brother to the car.

“Thank you for sticking up for me, ribbit. I hope your brother is okay.. He looked hurt.” Tsuyu said, looking at the back of my dad’s back as he carried Mosu with a worried look in her eyes.

“He’ll be okay. He gets hit in the head a lot when training, and he always recovers.” I reassure her, calming her down. “He’s really strong.”

Suddenly, she wrapped her arms around me, hugging me. “Give my thanks to your brother too, ribbit.” She said before letting me go.

“I will! See you later Tsuyu.” I say, walking back to the car, waving goodbye.

“Call me Tsu, ribbit!” She yelled out to me, waving bye.

Unfortunately, that would be the last time I would see her for several years.