Chapter 6: My Past

(Your POV)

"Happy Birthday, Dear (Y/n). Happy birthday to you." My family sings together. It was my birthday, and we were all sitting around the table in the large dining room.

"So, kiddo," My father began, smiling down at me, "How does it feel turning the big four?" My father asked, a hearty chuckle escaping his throat.

"It feels great, Dad!" I grin up at him, wearing my birthday hat as I blow out the candles on my cake.

"That's good, son. And guess what? You know that new park that they just opened not to long ago?"

My eyes lit up in excitement when he mentioned that, my head nodding vigorously. "Yeah!" I start jumping up and down in my seat in anticipation, impatient waiting for my father to finish what he was going to say.

"Well, your mother and I decided, since it's your birthday, we'd treat you and go out for some fun. Might even buy you some ice cream after." He said, smiling down at me as he ruffled my hair.

My mother smiled, placing a loving hand on my shoulder. "What do you say, Sweetheart?"

"Thank you!!" I exclaimed and jumped up to hug the both of them. "Is Mosu coming too?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course he is! What? Do you think we'd leave him here? No, of course not! Today is your birthday, and I knew you'd want him to join you, him being your loving brother and all. So yes, he will be coming."

I giggled, releasing my grip on my parents as I threw my hands into the air, exclaiming, "Yay!!" He laughs and pats my bag when I run to embrace him. He stands up from his chair, embracing both of our parents as well.

"Okay, okay, settle down, kids. Eat the cake your mom was so nice enough to bake for your birthday, (Y/n)."

We all sat down and ate the wonderful Red Velvet cake my mother made for me since she knew it was my favorite. There was still a bit of cake left over after we had our fill.

"Son, I know it's your cake, but do you mind if I bring in the rest to work for my top employees? They've been dying to taste your mothers baking for a while now." My father asked politely.

"Hmmm...ok!" I say with a beaming smile. "Just save me one more tiny slice, ok?" I asked, basically pleading with him, even though it was my cake.

My dad let out another hearty chuckle. "Sure thing, kiddo." He cuts off one more slice of cake and wraps it on a plate for me, then wraps the rest of the cake in the pan it's currently in for his employees.

I've never been to his office. I've only seen him do a few papers at home, where sometimes he'd ask for my opinion. Something like "Which color wood should we use for the table?" or "Which chair looks better?" Stuff that didn't really matter. I just liked helping my dad out, since I felt like I mattered, since my brother got to go to work with him sometimes.

After the cake was put into our fridge, we all hopped into my dad's car and started to drive to the newly built park.