Chapter 19: Interrogation

(Mosu's POV)

I had left the room, but I already had a good idea what was happening. I knew my father was probably threatening him. And I don't think my parents trust him at all yet. And to be honest, I don't either. I mean, how could I? He tried to destroy everything our family worked hard on.

I was at the cafe according to his directions. I headed to the other side of the street and hid in a dark alley.

I thought of what he described this classmate I'm supposed to look for. "A frog girl. Why does that sound familiar?" I pondered for a little bit. I checked my watch and saw the time. 10:30. Nobody showed up. I started walking away, ready to report to Father until I saw someone. It was her.

She arrived a minute late, but she arrived. And as soon as I saw her, I recognized her. "That's the girl I helped back on (Y/N)'s birthday. She's in his class? Funny how the world works." I thought to myself.

She stayed in there for around 10 minutes, then came out and went back toward wherever she came from. I thought about following, but instead, went back to report my findings.

I eventually made it back to base and re-entered the holding cell. "Mosu! My boy. What happened? Did the girl show?" My father questioned.

"Yes. She did. And I got some more info. Nothing major and worth getting mad he didn't tell us, but just something that could be useful. You remember when I got hurt helping (Y/N) on the day he found his quirk?" I asked.

"Of course, I do. I was so proud of him. Even though he tried betraying us, I'm still his father, and proud of him for not being the rare quirkless kid. Why should that day matter here? He asked, starting to lean back on his chair.

"That frog girl was the girl we were protecting. Turns out she's a classmate of (Y/N)'s." I informed him

"Well then, (Y/N). What do you have to say about this girl?" My mother cut in, feeling left out.

(Your POV)

Damn it! I wasn't expecting Mosu to remember her. Looks like I have to initiate step 3 before step 2.

"This frog girl. We call her Tsuyu, or Tsu for short. She's very fast and nimble due to her frog quirk. For a Frog, she's a decently good hero, and has saved my classmates before. However, as kind and smart as she can be, she's pretty gullible." I informed them.

I felt bad inside. Here I am making up stuff, insulting my girlfriend, just to advance my plan. But, she said she was ok with it, knowing I didn't mean it. So I continued.

"I was able to trick her. Mentally and Romanticly. She thinks I actually love and care for her." I let out a small laugh. "I guess you could call her my 'girlfriend'" I said, putting the word girlfriend in quotes.

"I don't hate her like the rest of all those other wannabe heros in my class. She is my favorite. She doesn't do it for money, and if I didn't meet her, who knows when, or even if, I would've discovered my quirk." I exclaimed.

"Hmm...interesting. Go on." My father said. His expression made him seem both mad, yet he understood why I don't hate her.

"You see, I made her my 'girlfriend' to help me get closer to the star student." I sat back in my chair. "Now, I think I've told enough for now. If you guys trust me, I have a little more info I'll share today, then I'm going to go back to school. I'll be back every other day to report any new info I get."

"Give us a minute." My father ordered. They left the room, and came back around 10 minutes later. My father hesitated, then extended his hand. "Welcome back to the family. We'll keep an eye on you. We don't fully trust you yet..."

I was dancing inside, but gave nothing more than a small, evil grin and shook his hand. "All I'm going to tell you for today, is that I'm part of a friend square, that also is a double date square. I'm 'dating' the frog girl. She's best friends with a gravity manipulator, who's dating the star student."

I started to get up, but my mother called out to me. "What's his quirk?" She asked.

I gave her the most honest answer I could, without telling her everything about him yet. "I'm not sure yet. All I know is he's being trained by the guy who trained All Might." I left the room, hiding a big smile. I may have been forced to skip step 2, which could come back to bite me, but I have faith in this plan still.

On my way back to the school, I bumped into Tsu. I smiled, getting a chance to see my girl. And then I told her the news.

"Steps one, two, and three are finished. That completes the hardest part." She nodded

"Step four is in motion."