Chapter 7: The Park

(Your POV)

After waiting impatient during the twenty-minute car ride, we arrived at the park. Mom and Dad stayed in the car, while me and Mosu went to go play. He was a few years older than me, but he enjoyed playing with me.

The park was pretty big, and I didn't know where to start. Me and (brother's name) started running around, going down each and every slide we could. After a little while, I ended up crashing into someone toward the top of the park.

"O-Ow" She said as she hit the ground, rubbing her head with a couple of tears in her eyes.

I get up and extend my hand to help her up "I'm sorry. Are you ok?" I asked, staring down at her, concerned if I hurt her.

"Y-yea, thanks" She takes my hand and I pull her up to her feet. "Are you okay though?" She asked.

"Yea, I'm ok. I'm (Y/n)" I introduce myself, smiling at her.

"Hi, (Y/n). I'm Tsuyu. Do you want to be friends?" She asked politely. She looked like she was shy.

"Yea!" I responded, jumping up and down out of excitement.

"Yay! A new friend, ribbit!" She said, croaking at the end.

"Is everything okay, Tsuyu?" I asked her curiously. 

"Yea, I'm okay. I'm part frog. I think my parents call it my...quirk? Or something like that" She explained. "I got it a few months ago."

"Ohhh, I guess that makes a little sense. That's really cool." I say with a smile.

"Yeah, ribbit. I can do this thanks to being part frog." She says and gets on all fours, jumping over me. When she lands, she stands up and turns around, sticking out her tongue. I was surprised at how long it was.

"WOAH! THAT'S SO COOL!!" I exclaimed, unable to keep my excitement in.

"Y-You really think so, ribbit?" She asked, with a tear in her eye.

"Yea, why. Do you not like it? Because you look like you are about to cry." I mention, a bit concerned.

"N-no. I like it. It is just those kids down there made fun of my long tongue." She points to a group of three older kids, looking to be about seven, which is my brother's age, laughing by the swings.

"Hang on a minute Tsuyu. Stay here." I go find my brother and bring him to Tsuyu, who ends up telling him what happened. 

"All right, I'll help you, little bro. It's your birthday, and you care about your new friend." 

"T-Thank you, ribbit" She croaks with tears in her eyes.

We head down the slide, since it was the quickest way to get to the group, and approach them.