Chapter 43: First Fight

(Your POV)

She looked away before mumbling something that I couldn't hear. "What was that? I couldn't hear you." I ask her. She looked back at me. "I turned down the hero opportunity. I want to stay at UA. High." She said, surprising me.

I started to stammer. "W-why? W-wasn't that your dream? I thought that's why most of us are here at the school. You have an opportunity. Take it."

She looked away again, but spoke clearly this time. "Honestly…there were a few reasons that made up my mind. But the big one was all my friends…and you. I couldn't go without all of you. I need all of you." She explained. 

Before I had a chance to respond, she continued. "Plus, my dream has changed. I don't want to be a hero anymore. I want us to be a hero team. And this? This agreement was only for me to be a solo hero." She confessed. 

I started getting a little loud. "No offense, but are you crazy? Any hero in training would kill to have that opportunity. And you're just throwing it away?" I questioned. 

"So…you mean to tell me you'd take that opportunity? Even though it would mean losing me and all your classmates?" She curiously asked. "YES! Because we'd still-" I blurted out, until I was interrupted by her tearing up.

I lean in to try to hug her and comfort her, but she just pushed me away. She got up and started running away, tears in her eyes. "Tsuyu wait! You didn't let me finish!" I yell after her, but it's too late. She was already long gone.