Chapter 12: The First Date

(Tsuyu's POV)

(Y/N) comes up to me after school, suggesting we go eat downtown before we head to my home, suggesting it could be our real first date. I had agreed, only hearing about half of what he said, as I was lost in his eyes. He grabbed my hand and we tied our fingers together. Meanwhile, now I'm a blushing mess.

(Y/N) just chuckles. "W-what's so funny, ribbit?" I question, getting redder in the face.

"Oh nothing. You're just so cute when you're blushing." He teased, making me turn even redder. "The redder you get, the cuter it is." He continued.

My face just kept getting redder and redder. "S-shut up...meanie." I said, seriously, but jokingly. I inched closer to him as we walked, and before we knew it, we were walking side by side, practically connected with each other.

We reached the cafe after walking a good twenty minutes. "Sorry about that." (Y/N) apologized. "I guess it was farther than I thought."

"Eh, don't worry about it, ribbit. It was nice, since we got to spend some more time together." I said, reassuring him that it was just a mistake.

"Yea, that's true. Spending time with you is always fun" He said, pulling me closer to their side.

I blush, but hug him tightly, never wanting to be let go. "I don't want you to let me go, (Y/N). I feel safe in your arms."

He hugs me closer, smiling and lightly chuckling. "Of course. I'll hold you close to my heart." I smile, knowing how cheesy that was. I start chuckling at his corny line.

"Hey! It's not funny. You know I'm not good with romance." He gives me a pouty face, which only makes me chuckle more.

"I know, ribbit. But that's part of your charm. And you know I love that charm of yours." I plant a little kiss on his cheek, making us both blush a little.

We walked in and ordered ourselves a drink. (Y/N) ordered an iced coffee, while I ordered a latte.

We ended up sitting down at a booth and sat next to each other. I leaned my head on his arm as he drank his coffee.

"Hey Tsu, want a sip?" He offered me some of his coffee.

I took a sip of it and smiled. "Mmmm, it's so cold, but delicious. Thank you, ribbit" I hugged them closer. "I didn't know you liked Iced coffee."

I feel a kiss on my head and hear a little chuckle. "I get it all the time. Have as much as you want."

I smiled and handed them my drink. "Here, have some of mine, ribbit."

He grabbed it and took a sip of my latte. "Mmm, that's really good. Thank you Tsu." He pulled me closer and gave me another kiss on my head.

"So, Tsu, what am I getting into going to your house today? What's your family like?" (Y/N) asked me.

"Well, I have loving parents, but sometimes they're away. Thankfully, I'm not alone, as I have a younger brother and sister I love, ribbit." I say cheerfully. "How about you (Y/N)? What's your family like?"

"Well, I have a brother named Mosu. Do you remember him? He's the one who helped me stick up for you the first time I met you." I started thinking back to that day, just like I do everyday. I see another person fighting the bullies, and then get knocked out.

I nod. "Yea, I remember him. Was he ok? I remember he got hurt badly." (Y/N) just chuckled. "I said it back then, I'll say it again, that was a normal beating for him. We rushed him home, got him cleaned up, and he was back and moving the next morning, just with a slight headache."

I sighed. "That's good, ribbit. What about your parents?" I asked, but he just looked down, crushed. I quickly hugged him close and planted a kiss on his cheek. We just sat there for a few minutes until he calmed down.

After he felt better, we finished our drinks, still cuddling. "Hey, you got a little bit of the extra foam on your lip. Here, I'll get it." He grabbed a napkin and gently whipped my upper lip. After he removed his hand, he slowly leaned in and kissed me. I held him and we kissed for a few seconds before we pulled away.

"T-that was our first real kiss as a couple, ribbit." (Y/N) just looked away, flustered. "Thank you (Y/N). I've been wanting that for a while now. And I kinda liked the surprise factor too." I gave him a hug.

After that, we got up and started walking to my home, hand in hand, big smiles across our bright red faces.