The Art of NOT Killing Someone from a Tree when His Father is Present

"A-Cheng..." said Zewujun again while trying to touch his hand.

"No! Don't touch me!" A-cheng hissed while stepping a few steps back.

I couldn't see his features but I could tell my baby is shaking both from anger and hurt, call it a mother's intuition.

I clenched my fists tightly and glared daggers at the first jade. His father is looking at me worriedly from beside me. Good! He should be scared of what I'm going to do to do to him when I can get my hands on him. Seriously though! Jin, Lan, Jiang... ALL of them are idiots.

I watched silently as my son tried to turn away when he was caught by Zewujun and was pushed against the boulder. I widened my eyes when Zewujun kissed A-cheng quite forcefully, might I add.

I was about to go to them and beat the hell out of the first jade when a strong arm made its way around my waist and pulled me into a hard,broad chest. I was about to yell when my mouth was covered by his other arm. We struggled which made a noise that of course Zewujun and A-Cheng noticed. It stopped their kiss, thankfully, and gave A-cheng some time to step away from Zewujun and ran away.

I stopped struggling and glared at the person behind me, he just stared at me apologetically. DAMN him and the Lan's arm strength. We stayed like that for a few moments and just stared at Zewujun's sitting form on the ground. Slowly, we could see him taking out Liebing and soon after we could hear a wistful, sad, and regretful? note surrounding us

I stared at him for a while and I realized he's just as heartbroken as A-cheng is. I raised my eyebrow and tapped Qingheng-jun's arm telling him that I won't beat up his son. He let go after a while and took a step back from me, giving me space.

I looked at him for a while listening to the song he played on his Liebing. After some time had passed, he stood up gracefully and walked away slowly to his room I presume. I was about to jump down to the ground when I heard a voice from behind me.

"What?" I asked turning around to look at Qingheng-jun.

"Sorrow, that's the song that he was playing. Lans only play that song when they think they've lost their love."he explained with a sad smile while looking at the place where his son sat a few minutes ago. I raised my eyebrow.

"He hurt my son." I stated simply.

"He did," answered Qingheng-jun.

"I won't interfere, at least not yet, I have a feeling we aren't seeing the full picture yet, but if he hurt my son again, not even you or all of the Lans resources can stop me from castrating him and making sure he's a cripple for life." I said with a murderous glare.

"Ofcourse,madame Yu!" he said again with mirth in his tone. I looked at him quizzically.

"What's so funny?" I asked him with a glare. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Let's get down!" He jumped down from the tree.

I paused for a few minutes looking at him with a frown and then jumped down beside him. "Let's try to find my brother now shall we?" he suggested to me with a gentle smile.

I felt my cheeks getting warm and looked away from his gaze. "Yes, come on!" I said while walking to our original path. I could hear another chuckle from behind me but I ignored it and just keep walking while shaking my head. Who knew Lans could be this playful. First he could joke around and the pull a few pranks and then laughing all in one day.

He caught up to me and we walked side by side looking around for Lan Qiren. " You didn't answer my question, you know!" I mumbled.

"What question is that madame Yu?" he inquired.

"Why did you give your brother alcohol when you know he can't drink?" I asked him.

He shrugged gracefully, which I didn't even know was possible and merely said,"I just think he should loosen up."

I froze for a few moments and started laughing. A few moments later I was crouched down holding my stomach and trying to catch my breath. Qingheng-jun the gentleman that he is crouched down beside me while patting my back and looking at me with an amused smile. I looked at him and started laughing again.

After I stopped laughing,we continued our walk.We aren't even looking for master Lan at this point. We are just walking around and having small conversations while looking at the beautiful scenery around us. "You know, I was not expecting your justification for making your brother drunk is because you were trying to loosen him up." I chuckled.

"Hmm, why is that madame Yu? Because that is so un-Lan of me?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

I snorted at that.

"No! Simply because loosening up your brother is a fool's errand, I would seriously put my money on trying to beat a fierce corpse with a wooden stick that is trying to loosen your brother up." I dead-panned with a bemused smile.

"And do people use that term?" I asked him curiously.

"Use what?" asked Qingheng-jun with an amused smile at me.

"Un-Lan." I stated, air quoting the sentence.

He chuckled and nodded. "Really? Well that's stupid." I huffed,rolling my eyes.

"I agree, but what can we do when we Lans are always associated with calm, polite, and I would imagine many more things that if one strays from those expectations, people would think that he/she is not a perfect Lan, whatever that means." agreed Qingheng-jun while shaking his head with an exasperated tone. I merely smiled and nodded.

We walked together surprisingly enjoying each other's company as I didn't think me and Qingheng-jun could have something to talk about as we are clearly very different people from different backgrounds and not to mention personalities as he's like the calm evening breeze whilst I'm the raging storm. We kept walking and conversing until we heard footsteps from behind us. "We've found him, he was hiding in the roof of the disciples dorms. Sect leader Jiang is carrying to his room as we speak." said Qingxue with a ragged breath.

"What happened?" I asked. She just looked at me for a while and finally said, "Just a very good lesson from the universe about to never give a Lan ANY alcohol under ANY circumstances."