The Last Wen Heir

Yu Ziyuan POV

"We were having dinner on the outskirts of Chiayi City when we heard a bunch of cultivators celebrating,"started Wuxian.

"We thought it was a normal celebration when we overheard them saying they've taken care,well in their world, the Wen dogs for good," Wuxian continued,trying to control his breathing.

I looked at him worriedly as I could tell what he saw shook him to the core. " We continued to listen to them when they disclosed the location of this 'extermination' and it was at the borders between Yunmeng and Meishan Yu," the second jade interrupted his partner as Wuxian was already shaking at this point.

We all looked at each other as we guessed what happened next. The clean extermination of the last remnants of the Wen sects. The borders between Yunmeng and Meishan were the agreed upon given territory for the Wen sect where Wen Qing was the appointed leader.

The location was kept a secret to protect the Wens from...well this...

"How dare they!" A-cheng slammed his hand on the table and stood up.

"Wen Qing's sect focuses on healing,they don't even study martial arts except for the basics," A-cheng growled out.

"Come down,A-cheng!" I said going up to him and making him take his seat.

He reluctantly complied.

"Are there no other survivors,except for the boy?" asked Lan Qiren.

"No,there are none, we have checked everywhere else in the location,we could on find A-yuan hidden in a barrel," Wuxian answered.

"Perhaps we can find his other relative? The Wen sect may be no more but there are still refugees in Yunmeng as well as the other three clans,"suggested Jiang Fengmian.

"He has no more relatives,we already asked him, he told us that his parents died on a night hunt so he was taken care of by his grandmother as there were no other aunts or uncles to take care of him and she died too," Wuxian said solemnly.

"Then what shall be done for the boy?" asked Qingheng-jun.

Wuxian and the second jade looked at each other and nodded their heads. They both turned to us with a determined look on their faces.

"We shall adopt him as our own," declared Hanguang-jun.

We all looked flabbergasted to say the least.

"Well, they're already married anyways,"A-cheng shrugged nonchalantly,after a long pause.

"And I love to have him as my nephew," added Zewu-jun with a smile.

"Huh, very well," master Lan complied exasperatedly. Yeah, I get the feeling.

It was just a week ago they eloped and now they've brought in a son as well?

These two... I don't know if I should be impressed by their decisiveness in creating a family or to break their legs for giving us poor elders a headache.

"Then he shall be a Lan, I think we could all agree that it would be in his best interest to conceal the fact that he is a Wen from the cultivation world from what happened recently," Qingheng-jun said.

We all nodded in agreement.

"Then, do you both have a name in mind for my grandson?"asked Qingheng-jun, his eyes twinkling with happiness.

"Lan Yuan, courtesy name Lan Sizhui," answered Hanguang-jun simply while looking at A-Cheng and Zewujun.

It seems those 4 had a silent understanding between them.

I raised my eyebrow at this.

After the meeting, we all decided to visit A-Yuan. He was still sleeping in the Jingshi where Sanren was putting a wet cloth on his head.

"How is he?" I asked her.

"I've made him drink some medicine and eat some food before he slept and his fever seemed to be going down," answered Sanren quietly.

We all looked at A-Yuan and found our hearts getting warm. We decided to leave the new couple and their son alone for a while.

On the way to our quarters, we briefed Sanren about what happened in the meeting and we could see Sanren visibly tensed up when she heard about what happened to the Wen sect and elated when she found out that she was going to be a grandmother.

I shook my head and walked with A-Cheng around the Cloud Recesses.

"A-Cheng!" I called.

"Yes?" he asked me,turning his head to look at me.

I looked deep into his eyes. There I was surprised to see years of wisdom,experience,and knowledge swimming around in his eyes. It's as if he is much older than 18 years of age.

Right,I've decided!

"A-Cheng, do you perhaps remember the past?" I asked vaguely.

"The past?" asked A-Cheng quizzically.

"Ow,sorry!Let me rephrase that!" I said,chuckling awkwardly.

"A-cheng, I had this horrible dream where I was a neglectful mother to you and at the end of that dream I died at Lotus Pier when the Wens raided it," I said, looking at his face for a reaction.

"Have you perhaps....had seen that dream too?" I asked him.

He stared at me shocked for a while.

"It is a horrible dream isn't it," he said finally with tears in his eyes.

I stared at him and I could feel myself tearing up as well.

I went up to him and took him in my arms where we both cried together for times lost and what have been.

"What happened in that dream, my son?" I asked him,wiping the tears from his eyes.

"After Zidian let go of us, me and Wuxian decided to go back to Lotus Pier, there we saw your dead bodies lying at the courtyard. That...Wen dog..he... spat at your bodies,dishonoring them," A-cheng started.

And then, he proceeded to tell me about how he lost his golden core to protect Wuxian and how Wuxian in return gave him his golden core. Each did it without the other one knowing about it until years later, where they found love from the jades of Lan. Well at least from what A-cheng told me, at least Wuxian did which makes my heart ache for my son even more. It ached even more when I heard about A-li's death and the peacock's as well. After A-Cheng has finished his story,we just stayed there in silence for a while.

"Does Wuxian and Lan Wangji know?" I asked him.

"Some parts...yes..." said A-Cheng.

"Zewujun also gotten his memory back from the Yin Iron too?" I inquired again.

A-Cheng nodded his head.

"His sworn brother?" I asked again.

"I don't know how much they know,but..yes," answered A-Cheng.

We paused in silence again staring at each other.

"I am so proud of you,A-Cheng," I said finally.

"I know A-niang,thank you for showing it to me in this life," replied A-Cheng,smiling at me.

I nodded my head and together we walked back to the dining hall with a light and content heart.