Heart to Heart

Yu Ziyuan POV

Well, I won’t say it hasn’t been exciting but I won’t say it’s not stressful at all.I mean, seriously? That’s what I’ve been replaced with here? The woman is still as unruly as ever and hasn’t even taken seriously the preparations for her own son’s wedding.

“Okay, so what do you think about the procedures? Is it too complicated?” I asked her while trying to hold in my temper which wasn’t easy.Especially, after along day of negotiating a reasonable price with the seemstress who happens to be against cut sleeves and decided to up the price for wedding garments to show it. I sighed and shook my head.

“I guess,” she shrugged after a short pause,chugging Lotus Wine straight from the bottle in broad daylight might I add.

I sighed. “Sanren...This is your son’s wedding for crying out loud! At least take things more seriously,” I exclaimed, exasperated at her behaviour.

“What’s the problem anyways, Ziyuan! They both clearly love each other, these procedures are just formalities at this point. I mean...from what I’ve heard they’ve already done the most important part anyways in this very long procedure,I mean for the Lans that is,” she smirked.

“Yes,yes, I realise that Wuxian has already took Hanguang-jun’s forehead ribbon,” I sighed, giving up.

Well, this is her son’s wedding after all and this is her responsibility anyways as the sect leader’s...partner? I’m still confused on that part. From what the disciples told me,she’s been given the authority by Fengmian for taking over all of my duties in Lotus Pier but it’s mostly been taken over by A-li and A-cheng,though now as A-li has already been married off, some of her responsibilities are delegated back to her.

When I was lost in my own thoughts, I could feel her staring at me

I looked up at her and raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“Sorry,” she simply said.

“Huh?” I frowned and looked at her. Well...THIS is unexpected…..

“Sorry,for not giving you the benefit of the doubt, back when we were children and that day.” she said again while looking me in the eyes with a serious expression on.

“Well...That was unexpected,” I murmured, 

We were silent for awhile until I put my tea cup down and looked at her.

“Well, I haven’t exactly given a good impression to you and sect leader Jiang back then either so I guess the blame is not all on you,” I sighed,pouring myself another cup of tea.

“So, new beginnings then?” she asked while holding out her hand.

“I know it’s not going to be easy and we’re not going to be instantly besties and braid each other's hair or anything. I’m not even sure we’re going to be that close but we can at least be civil. I’ve seen A-xian when he’s with you or your children. He considers you all family to him so that makes you my family as well,so... can we,...start over?” she ranted.

 “Well then,start over it is!,” I replied, shaking her hand.

“And you should know, I consider him my family too,” I continued with a slight smile on my face.

“I know,” she said smiling, which reminds me so much of Wuxian’s that it gives me goosebumps.

Well this has been an eventful day, but a good one. At least now we can actually be a family and have non awkward family dinners for once.

I know we have a long way to go but I also know for a fact that she is not going anywhere and like it or not she will always be in my family's life whether it be as Wuxian's mother and Fengmian's... something. I'm not even sure at this point. So might as well burry the hatchet as soon we can right...?

I shook my head and continued to sip my tea. “So, back to A-xian’s wedding,” she said.

“Ah, finally taken an interest, have you?” I rolled my eyes. 

“Who said  I haven’t?” she quipped with a smirk.

“I’ve just received word that Gusu needs one of us to go there to coordinate with them about the wedding,” she started while looking me in the eyes.

I raised my eyebrow skeptically and… I know where this is going,

“What exactly made master Lan hate you so much anyways?” I curiously asked.

“Well… I’ve done a lot of things in my time at the Cloud Recesses, a lot of which doesn’t sit well with Lan Qiren,” she said,

“Obviously, but seriously what did you do that is so bad that made him hold a grudge against you for all these years despite the Lan rule for not holding a grudge,” I pressed,

Seriously though, this is ridiculous, I mean me and A-Fei did our fair share of mischieves at Cloud Recesses that got us into trouble but never to the extent that Lan Qiren actually hold a  grudge against us for this long.

“Well, I dunno...maybe all the pranks I’ve played on him before?” she murmured,

“Ow,please A-fei once switched his food with spicy ones during dinner with the disciples which made him run out of the dining hall or in this case walk very fast out the door to get more water and also made him have diarrhea for a whole week. And they are still civil now!” I scoffed.

“WOW! Impressive! I did not expect that from that devil of a man,” she exclaimed which earned her a glare from me. 

“Okay, okay… from him then!” she said while raising a hand.

“Well as impressive as it was, I suppose he hasn’t shaved of his beard or put pink coloring in his laundry which made him wear his brother’s robes for the whole week now did he?” she smirked.

“ I give up!” I said,holding my hands up.

“Yup!” she replied simply.

“You know Wuxian did  the exact same thing right? He shaved off master Lan’s beard on his first week in the Cloud Recesses.” I chuckled.

“Yeah, he told me one time when we were having a stroll together,” she giggled.

“So, it’s safe to say you’re the one who's gonna go there right?” she continued,

“Do we even need to discuss it?” I asked,giving an eyeroll

“Terrific, you can go with A-xian tomorrow and... Jiang gungzi?” she said, a little too happily.

“Yes, I suppose I will,” I replied,smiling.

“Huh, I’ve just had a thought,” she said while rubbing her chin.

“What?” I suspiciously asked,

“What do you think if A-xian followed in his parents footsteps in regards to the wedding,”she answered while smiling tipsily at me.

“Okay that’s it,” I said taking the jar of alcohol out of her hands,

“And seriously? If he dares to elope with all the preparations that we’ve done,I am seriously gonna break his legs,” I said with a frown.

And I am replied with nothing but fits of laughter from the otherside.