Conference Meeting

Yu Ziyuan POV

A few days after A-yuan came to the Cloud Recesses a discussion conference was held to address the massacre of the Wen Clan. 

Right now, we are debating whether or not to take actions on the cultivators that did those unspeakable deeds or not. If you can believe it?

Those shameless cultivators,they’ve just  bitten the hand that feeds them.

“Have you forgotten,just who was it that provided the information that was used to defeat the Wens? Back then, you all were very happy and grateful,why the sudden change of heart now?” I finally snapped,after hours upon hours of debating between us.

The room went silent for a bit.

“Now, we are not asking for you all to give your rights to govern your territory, we are simply asking for your permission and your help to search for these cultivators in your territory so they can be served justice,” I continued while rubbing my forehead.

“With all due respect,madame Yu, how can we be sure that the most respectable Yunmeng Jiang, Gusu Lan, Lanling Jin, and Qinghe Nie would honor their word,after all it won't be the first time that a big sect decided it is entitled to invade a smaller sects territory,” said sect leader Yao hotly.

“How dare you!” bellowed Nie Mingjue.

Only to be followed by the peacock. “The Lanling Jin has no interest in taking over any more territory, sect leader Yao! And I’m pretty sure that Yunmeng Jiang, Gusu Lan, and Qinghe Nie don’t either. Though I have to say I am disappointed in the lack of trust between us as we have been through much together,” said Jin Zixuan,slightly glaring at sect leader Yao that have shrunken in his seat being stared down by all 4 of the great sect’s leaders.

The room was deathly silent and the tension was high.

Master Lan as the moderator decided it would be a great idea to have a break before continuing again.

We all went out with grim looks on our faces.

“My lady!” called someone from behind me.

I sighed and turned around. “Yes?” I asked him simply, not in the mood to talk at the moment.

“Would you care to accompany me for a walk?” asked Jiang Fengmian with a gentle smile.

“ I suppose,” I replied,sighing.

Jiang Fengmian has been asking me for a walk everyday ever since we had our ‘little talk’ that day in the spring.

Though it could be awkward at times but it turned out we had a lot of misunderstandings between us back then. Go figure!

“I’m still not sure what I am doing at this conference,considering I am not part of any sects in the room,” I said, shaking my head.

I’ve already said this the day before the conference when master Lan invited me. As Meishan Yu has given notice that they will not be attending the conference as they have A-Fei’s and second brother’s wedding to plan and I have not been privy to Meishan’s inner workings for long enough as to not be a good representative.

As for the Yunmeng Jiang sect, I think the fact that I am the ex-wife of their sect leader speaks for itself.

“Nonsense! You are the future sect leader’s mother, you have every right to be there!” said Jiang Fengmian when I said that.

“Not to mention, you are also part of the group that helped the Wen sect to settle at the borders thus giving you both the right as well as the responsibility to be there,madame Yu,” Qingheng-jun added with a smile.