Extra : A Lover's Quarrel

Yu Ziyuan POV

“So… you’re saying that there was nothing going on between you and Qingheng-jun?” asked Fengmian again,after the hundredth time.

“No! For crying out loud Jiang Fengmian, you do realise that a Lan can only love once correct?” I exclaimed exasperatedly.

“And Qingheng-jun is Lan you know,” I continued sighing.

Seriously this man, he has been clinging to me ever since we got that invitation from Qingheng-jun for his retirement celebration.

The man in question is resting in the room next to us as he has personally delivered the invitation personally and also will escort personally to Gusu considering we both bailed on master Lan’s birthday celebration and were late for our own anniversary celebration and Wuxian’s birthday celebration.

Though I’m pretty sure he didn’t mind.

“Then why do you both seem so...close?” Jiang Fengmian continued asking ,trailing off at the end.

“For crying out loud, we talked and we found we both have a lot in common with each other, I mean back then we used to talk about our spouses how…” and then I stopped myself from continuing.

Shit, I know he gets sensitive everytime we talk about that topic. The pain and regret in his eyes are still as fresh 10 years ago,even with all our talks and discussions.

“How they disregard you? How you feel they don’t love you? How they...hurt you?” he added in,trembling at the end.

“Fengmian, how many times do I have to tell you that I’ve forgiven you?”I said going over to him and sitting on his lap,hugging him close to me.

He returned my embrace and pulled me closer to him.

“Zi-er, even if you have, I haven’t,” he whispered in my ear.

I rolled my eyes at this.

“And, I think you called me wrong,” he mumbled.

I smirked and pulled away from him.

“A-Feng…” I emphasized,cupping his face in my hands.

“When will you stop acting like a child?” I asked, squeezing his face up.

“Never! But I am glad you are carrying ours,” he said, putting his hands on my stomach.

I smiled and put my hands on top of his.

“10 years of travelling and 2 years of marriage, well in our case remarriage, who would have thought,” I chuckled, leaning my head on his shoulders.

“Zi-er, what about-” he started but was interrupted by me.

“No! We are not using my pregnancy as an excuse to not attend Qingheng-jun’s retirement party,” I said,lightly slapping my hand on his chest.

“I sure hope not,” said a voice outside our room.

I amusedly look at my husband’s face,glaring at the direction of the voice.

“May I come in?” asked Qingheng-jun politely.

I got up from Fengmian’s lap with a lot of resistance from the man in question and straightened my robes out. 

I walk up to the door and open it. “Ofcourse, come in Qingheng-jun,” I smiled, gesturing for him to come in.

We both took our sits and drink our tea.

“So,when will we be travelling to Gusu?” I inquired.

“Tomorrow morning, I’m afraid we don’t have a lot of time as the distance between Lanling and Gusu are quite a distance away,” he answered with a smile.

“Alright,” I sighed,rubbing my stomach.

Faintly, I could see Fengmian staring at me worriedly.

“I’m still 5 months along A-Feng, I think I can still handle a trip from Lanling to Gusu,” I said, rolling my eyes exasperatedly.

He just smiled grimly.

“Okay,” he finally said.

“So, what will you do after your retirement?” inquired Fengmian politely.

“Well, perhaps travel for a bit and then come back to Gusu and help train the young disciples,” Qingheng-jun replied,sipping his tea calmly.

“Ow ,well me and Fengmian are planning to go to Lotus Pier for a break for a week or two after we leave Gusu, would you like to come with us?” I asked.

“Thank you, but I was actually planning to go to the West.” he said,sipping his tea.

“The West? Isn’t that the place where the discourse for that amulet or was it a key took place?” I raised my eyebrows at this.

The discourse was so big that the news made its way to us in the East.

“Yes, I believe it has been ended by the current leader of Four Seasons Manor and his partner,” he replied smiling.

“Well, finished, yes, but isn’t it true that his partner was the former sect leader of the Ghost Valley?” Jiang Fengmian asked,raising his eyebrow.

“Yes, I believe his name is Wen Kexing,”  Qingheng jun smiled.

“Huh, well I’m not sure they’re peace will last for long, considering how we know about the cultivation world’s lack of acceptance for ‘differences’,” I sighed.

“Agreed, though considering they have the backing of all the powerful sects, I believe the others would just follow,” said Qingheng-jun.

“Yes, though I can’t believe they annihilated a whole sect, that Cao sect leader is really something, he not only killed all those people in the Ghost Valley but also killed his disciples,” I scoffed, shaking my head.

“Well, at least now there is finally peace in the West,” Jiang Fengmian added in.

“Yes, I suppose, now that all the crazies are gone,maybe we should go there to Fengmian,” I suggested.

“After the baby is born,” Jiang Fengmian said sternly.

“Ow, alright,” I complied.

We continued to talk about many other things until Qingheng-jun excused himself as it was nearing 9 o’clock.

“So, alone at last…” said Fengmian, pulling me close to him.

I chuckled and put my head on his shoulders.

“Thank you for giving me a second chance, purple spider,” he whispered in my ear.

“Thank you for fighting, my husband,” I smiled at him.

He looked at me and brushed the stray hair from my face.

“Forever and always, my dear, forever and always-”