Confrontation

As soon as I said those words, I could see Jiang Fengmian snapped, which doesn't happen very often even with all of our fights. " Do not speak her name." he gritted out. "As you wish my lord." I said coldly.

After an excruciatingly long silence of us glaring daggers at each other I finally had enough, the nerve of that man! He's the one that hurt A-Cheng first and chastising him about raising his voice without even trying to see the concerned look on his face as a father how can he not know how to discern when his son is concerned and when he is throwing a tantrum which I know that's what he thinks when A-Cheng raised his voice.

" If there isn't anything else, you may leave now!" I said while moving past him to get to the door. Before I could touch the door, he grabbed my wrists and pulled towards him. Well this is a first, he would usually storm out the door if our argument gets too heated.

"What are you.." I tried to say but he cut me off, " I know you're still jealous of her but taking it out on A-Xian isn't going to help anything." he said while looking at me with a hardened gaze.

When I heard that from him, I couldn't help but laugh. Doesn't he think I know that? I'm maybe prideful but I'm no fool. I've known that even before I was reincarnated.

After another long silence, I finally said the thing that I've probably should've done along time ago "I've given up Jiang Fengmian, when you've found Cangse Sanren and if she is willing to marry you then, I would gladly step down from my role as the second in command." I said the words plainly while looking him straight in the eyes.

Slowly, he let go of my hand. "You knew," he whispered. 

"That you fell in love with your right hand man's wife? Of course I knew, everyone knew!” I bellowed,putting my hands up in exasperation.

“ And ofcourse I know you are searching for her, who do you think the disciples report to first every time they've finished a mission before going to you.Even if they tried to hide it with extermination of ghouls, do you actually think I wouldn't find out? I'm maybe short tempered and prideful Jiang Fengmian, but I am no fool." I continued ranting.

I could feel a headache coming, so I sat down on the bed.

"Is that why you always treated A-Xian so harshly?" he asked with a shaking voice. When I heard that I only laughed out loud. 

" Jiang Fengmian, I am not that petty, I wouldn't have done all those things to Wei Wuxian if you've at least given A-Cheng half of the affection and attention you give to him." I countered with a slightly raised voice at the end.

"That is no excuse for treating Wuxian like that." he snapped.

" Don't you think I know that? Why do you think I don't punish him anymore even if his mischief is too much sometimes? I did that because I've accepted that he is your son and I have no say in it nor do I want to anymore.”, I stood up and looked him in the eyes.

I took a deep breath and readied myself to say this,“Jiang Fengmian after all these years, I've finally accepted that MY husband loves another woman, even to the point he would care for her son as if he is his own son and he would even search for her even when it is almost impossible for her to be a life." 

 After I said it, I could feel wetness on my cheeks.

I AM CRYING. 

I looked at Jiang Fengmian's shocked face, I don't blame him as I am shocked myself.I never cry even when my mother died because of a heart attack 2 years ago, I didn't cry. I guess all of these pent up emotions finally could come out in the open now and I'm finally relieved.

I could see Jiang Fengmian trying to get close to me so I raised my hand to stop him.

" I do not need your comfort Jiang Fengmian, I've made my peace with it. But the way you treated A-Cheng is another story. I've accepted that I would be replaced someday, but I won't accept my son being replaced. It is his birthright. Do not take that away from him! and as for what happened today,I apologize as it is my mistake I could not control myself, next time I will make sure that this will never happen again." I said with a cold stare towards him,wiping the tears from my face. 

I could tell he is flabbergasted as I have never apologized for anything before. I could tell he is speechless right now. Good because I don't know how to keep my emotions under control.

" I believe our business here is done my lord, you may leave now." I said flatly while lying down in my bed and taking out a book from the drawer.

I could hear him walking out the door. " Wait my lord, one more thing, as I have promised to stop treating Wuxian harshly as you say, I would assume you would give more attention to YOUR son,yes?" I asked without looking at him.

" I will, my lady." He said that he walked out the door and closed it.

Little did we know that 3 pairs of tiny ears are listening in to our conversation and at the end 3 pairs of little eyes are shading tears as well.