Bonding part 2

There, I can see Wei Wuxian hugging a whimpering A-Cheng, moving back and forth as he rocked him. "It's okay A-Cheng, your father just wants to push you to be a great sect leader someday, that's all. He's not as strict to me because I won't be the heir," he muttered, hugging A-Cheng tighter. A-Cheng was visibly calming down. He keeps hugging Wei Wuxian, like his life depended on it.

I stand there for a moment, watching them as they bond. After a while, they finally realized I was there. "Madame Yu!" Wei Wuxian greeted, bowing after he finally released A-Cheng.

A-Niang!" A-Cheng called, a fresh tear running down his cheeks. It breaks my heart to see my son hurting because of his father.

I turn toward Wei Wuxian, Wuxian, can I talk to A-Cheng for a moment?" I ask, a slight smile on my face.

He startled, eyes widening in surprise. "Of Course Madame Yu, he cried, and then went outside.

"A-Cheng!" I call as I walk up to him and hug him.

"I'm sorry A-Niang, I know I shouldn't have shown any weaknesses," A-Cheng muttered, clutching my robes with one hand and wiping his tears with the other one.

A-Cheng, look at me!" I commanded.

Slowly, he raised his head to look at me and my heart broke when I saw how hurt he was. THAT HUSBAND OF MINE! I'm seriously going to kill him the next time I see that insensitive idiot.

"A-Cheng, the only person that can truly judge your worth is you. Remember, never let anyone else tell you your worth," I murmur, whipping my son's tears away. After a brief moment, he looks up at me and nods his head.

After I tuck A-Cheng in, I went out to tell Wei Wuxian to come back into the room. When I open the door I saw Jiang Fengmian kneeling over the sleeping form of Wei Wuxian, sprawled on the floor in front of A-Cheng's room.

When I stepped out of A-Cheng's room, he looked up and glared at me. In my previous life, this look would've prompted some snarky comment, which wouldve led us to a big argument. But right now? I was just tired and wanted to sleep, so I just brushed past him and ignored him.

The next day, we had breakfast with the kids as usual. Even during breakfast, I could feel Jiang Fengmian's bad mood from here. "A-cheng!" he finally called, raising his head to look at his son.

"Yes, father?" A-Cheng answered, a hopeful spark in his eyes. When I saw that look, I just sighed. He is going to be disappointed again.

"Why did you let A-Xian sleep outside last night?" he asked with that gentle and accusatory tone that only Jiang Fengmian can do. But before he could answer, Wei Wuxian chimed in for him. "I willingly left the room," he said.

When he said that, I could see Fengmian's face soften a little bit more. "A-Xian, you shouldn't feel obligated to leave the room just because A-Cheng is upset. You are a member of this family, not a servant!" he cried, turning to A-Cheng and narrowing his eyes. "A-Cheng, you shouldn't let A-Xian go out just because youre upset. You are brothers, are you not?" he scolded, pointing an accusing finger at his son.

THAT'S IT! THIS FOOL HAS THE AUDACITY TO SAY THIS TO MY SON?! THIS SAME SON THAT HE HURT?!

I slammed my hand at the table and glared at that sorry excuse of a man. "YU ZIXUAN!" he shouted, standing up as well. We were quiet for a while, glaring at each other. Then, I smiled at him- which caught him off guard.

My dear husband, I'm sorry that A-Cheng let Wei Wuxian leave last night. In which case, I asked him to do it. And he told you, himself, that he went out willingly. I'm sorry that A-Cheng can't focus solely on Wei Wuxian when he was crying his heart out because HIS father doesn't have any interest in him. Im sorry that you're such a self-absorbed prick that you never even ask him how he's doing- much less train him. Im sorry that this pathetic excuse of a father doesn't have any confidence in his own son, and has never given him any form of praise before. As A-Cheng's PARENT I'm sorry for not raising MY son well." I said, lowering my head and kneeling in front of him.

Then I got up to take A-Cheng's hand and went to the door. From the corner of my eye, I saw Wei Wuxian's anxious and guilty face. I stopped in my tracks, taking a deep breath calling out, "It's not your fault Wei Wuxian, I do not blame you!"

Taking A-Cheng with me, I led us to my backyard. It was where I usually trained with A-Cheng- besides the training field.

A-Cheng suddenly stops walking. It's okay A-Niang. I'm okay! I guess I just have to work harder." he muttered, lowering his head.

I kneel in front of him, grabbing his shoulders. "A-Cheng, Im fine with you trying to get better. But don't let other people's opinions influence that decision. If you want to improve then make sure that it's YOU who wants, and not anyone else. Trust me, it makes all the difference. Remember, a wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion." I tell him, hoping that he takes my words to heart.

"Okay A-Niang!" he exclaims, smiling. I will!

"Very well then, why don't you skip your training for the day and train with me instead." I offer, with a tender smile on my face.

"As the heir, I have to..." he startled, but I cut him off. "As the madame of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, I believe you deserve a day off from training today! Plus it's not like you'll be slacking off, you'll be training with me instead!

So that's how we spent the day, training and laughing together! We were having so much fun, that we never noticed the pair of brown eyes, filled with remorse as they watched us from a distance.

ʷˢ