Journeys End in Lovers Meeting

Yu Ziyuan POV

I’ ve packed my bags and decided to visit A-Cheng in his room.

“May I come in?” I asked him.

“Just a minute,” he said.

“Come in,A-niang!” he gestured for me to come in,after a few moments.

“Thank you,” I replied smiling.

I sat on his bed and patted the space next to me.

“I’m going in an hour,” I started.

“I know, I wish you well on your journey, A-niang,” he said with a knowing smile splashed all over his place.

Which made me raise an eyebrow.

“Will you be okay, A-Cheng?” I asked worriedly.

“Yes, I will, I have years of experience,remember?” he answered jokingly.

“Yes, I suppose you do,” I chuckled.

“About Zewu-jun…” I said cautiously.

“A-niang…” he tried to say but I held up my hand.

“I’m just going to give you the same advice I gave to your sister regarding that peacock,do not lower yourself for him and most definitely do not lose yourself for him.However, there is no wrong in fighting for your love, do you understand A-Cheng?” I said smiling while holding his hand.

“Even when the fight is against my heart, A-niang?” he mumbled,looking down.

“No! But A-Cheng, are you sure you are fighting against your heart and not your pride?” I asked him knowingly.

He looked up at me and I sighed.

“A-Cheng, I am not saying you should forgive him. If anything else, if he really cheated on you, I would’ve loved it if you slapped him and not see him again for the rest of your life. However, with that said, I have this feeling that we are not seeing the big picture here and if there is a big misunderstanding between you two,then wouldn’t it be better to talk about it if anything you can at least get closure.Trust me, I know.” I continued,tucking the loose strands of hair behind his ear.

“What misunderstanding,” he scoffed.

‘Well, you never know,until you talk to him won’t you,” I said,raising my eyebrow. I didn’t tell him about the fact that Zewujun seemed to be confused himself when it came to his infidelity and from what Fengmian has told me, he seems to love A-Cheng very much.

He sighed and nodded his head.

I smiled and we continued to talk until it was time for me to go.

We made our way to Pier where I was surprised to see everyone, even the disciples seeing me off.

Well, at least almost everyone. I looked around and didn’t find him anywhere in the crowd.

I could feel a twinge of disappointment but shook it off.

I smiled at everyone and thanked them all. They all saluted at me which made me shake my head in exasperation as it was the salute for the sect leader or the sect leader’s wife and went up to the boat.

I raised my eyebrows when I saw they had covered the inside of the boat with curtains so that we could not see what was inside of it.

Well,maybe it’s a new fashion mode or something.

After the boat had set sail and I could not see A-Cheng or the disciples anymore, I could feel a presence from behind me.

I turned Xuanyuan into  a whip and turned around, only for my hand to be caught by Jiang Fengmian.

I looked at him surprised.

“What are you doing here,Fengmian?” I asked him.

He just smiled at me and answered, “ I’m going with you,”

Which confused me even more.

“What?Why? What about the sect? What about..” I continued to rent only to be stopped by his hands on my lips.

“My lady, no, Ziyuan, I love you and I am in love with you. I’ve been  in love with you since forever. Only, I was a fool to have realized it when I was too late,” he said, which made me freeze in my place.

“Those days when you’ve said you have given up was like torture to me. I was scared every time I saw you. Each time you brought a paper to me,I thought it was divorce papers. Each time we had an argument, I was scared to death that you would ask for a divorce, I was so so scared. Although back then like the fool that I was,no, am, I couldn’t figure out why I was so scared and why my heart twists in pain when I see your back turned from me or why I was always so angry every time you talk to another man,” he continued,this time reaching out to hold both my hands in his.

“I know I’ve let you down, I know I’ve hurt you too many times to count, and as everybody has reminded me time and time again, I do not deserve you and I will never deserve you. But Yu Ziyuan, my love,my heart, my everything,my life, will you let this fool make it up to you? Will you let me spend the rest of my life attempting the impossible? Will you let me spend the rest of my life beside you?” he asked me, kissing my hands while looking at me intently.

“Fengmian,I…” I was about to say no, but when I finally looked into his eyes, I could see the sincerity and the love radiating from them.

I could feel my heart telling me to go to him. Faintly, I remembered the words of advice I’ve given to A-Cheng that it is okay to fight for your love. All those years ago, I thought that I’ve given my all for my love,no, for our love.

 But perhaps, I was wrong.

Judging from the fact that my heart is beating fast against my chest and me almost bursting with joy, I’ve finally made my decision.

I nodded my head and I was pulled into a tight embrace.

“Thank you, my lady, I promise, you won’t be fighting alone this time,” he mumbled beside my ear.

“Hmm,” I murmured, smiling,hugging him back just as tightly.

And so, two purple figures have finally found each other again after years of longing.