Silence

6 years later...

After that confrontation we had, we've developed a routine where we ignore each other, well more like I ignore him and he doesn't do anything as usual. 

The only time that we had contact was when I confronted him, which was 3 years ago when he appointed Wei Wuxian to be the first disciple even when A-Cheng was ranked higher than he is.

A-Cheng is ranked 3rd on the highest cultivator of his generation list and Wuxian is ranked 5th as Jin Jixuan, A-li's future husband is ranked 4th.

The only reason I let it go is because of A-Cheng. He stopped me when I was about to storm into Jiang Fegmian's office and yell at him, he said that he's happy that Wuxian got the position of first disciple as it means he's going to have a helping hand in bearing the responsibility as the heir of the sect. I could only force a smile and nod my head than hug him.

Gosh, that child is too kind for his own good. During these years, A-Cheng has grown up into a strong, confident, and intelligent cultivator even more so than in my past life as seen in the increase in his rank in this life. 

Unfortunately, he still has my short temper and sharp tongue so he is still being unfavored by Jiang Fengmian and it shows even if Jiang Fengmian has devoted more time to spend with A-Cheng which 90% of the time he spent with Wuxian too. I didn't even want to do anything when I saw that as I know it would only make things worse if I said anything.

That night however, I still confronted him in his office and when I asked why he appointed Wuxian instead of A-Cheng, he said that it was because he doesn't want Wuxian's status at Lotus Pier be questioned or threatened. All I did was laugh at that statement and went straight out the door without saying anything else. 

THE NERVE OF THAT MAN! 

Wuxian's status and the Yunmeng Jiang sect had already been set when he practically showed his favoritism towards Wuxian for everyone to see. Who would challenge Wuxian's status when he has the backing of the sect leader and the sect heir as well as the first miss of the Yunmeng Jiang sect? His reasoning is really laughable.

But at least I know he would keep his word in making A-Cheng as the heir as I made him write it down on paper the day after we had the confrontation by using Yinzu as the liaison of course. Surprisingly, he sent the contract straight away with his signatures and all on the very same day.

When we had dinner with the children, we would only talk to the children but not with each other even though I know he's been trying to talk to me as he kept glancing at me through our meal which is about the only time we would see each other. Strangely, I found that A-Cheng is distancing himself from his father. 

I don't know why but every time Jiang Fengmian asked on how his training is doing which is quite often now since our little 'talk', he doesn't have that glimmer in his eyes anymore nor does his eyes filled with jealousy when Jiang Fengmian shows affection towards Wei Wuxian as he just looks away and continue his activities like nothing happened.

Wuxian is also acting weird as he ever so often declined Jiang Fengmian's invitation for one on one training sessions and would only ever say yes when Jiang Fengmian invited A-Cheng too which A-Cheng also often decline as he would choose to train with me instead.

Which I really don't mind, I'm proud even that my son wants to spend more time with me but this is really conserving as A-Cheng has always wanted to train with his father even if he never said it out loud but now he keeps declining Jiang Fengmian's offer and weirdly enough Wuxian's mischieves has decreased as of late.

A-Li is also acting weird as she would give Jiang Fengmian and I weird glances when we're having dinner. But all in all after that confrontation life has been peaceful. 

Unfortunately, A-Cheng, A-li, and Wuxian are studying at the Cloud Recesses now so I'm left with only Jinzu and Yinzu with me.

Right now, I am perfecting my strategy to counter the Wens treachery.Secretly, I've contacted all of my connections in the cultivation world to look into the Wens and even planted some spies from Meishan Yu.

Thankfully, after 6 years, I've finally collected enough evidence to accuse the Wen's treachery and have created a plan to stop them from decimating both the Yunmeng Jiang sect as well as the Gusu Lan.

Now the only thing I needed to do is to make all those sect leaders agree to my plan and that includes my beloved husband. I've decided to wait until the Wens invitation or more like demand for the heirs of every sect to go learn at the Wen sect which will happen soon as A-Cheng and A-Li will be coming home in about 3 months time.

So before the chaos and fighting ensues, I'm just going to enjoy a moment of silence as I suspect it's going to get very loud soon and ofcourse train our disciples harder so they can withstand the ruthless attacks of the Wens and to avoid the tragedy in my previous life.

Hopefully, when the time comes they will be ready to fight in the biggest fight of their lives.