The Family Meeting of the Clouds and the Lotuses

Hello everyone,
Thank you for all of your support for this fanfic. Anyways, as promised before this month will be filled with many surprises, so here is an earlt update for all of you. Have a nice day and enjoy!

-Kate

Yu Ziyuan POV

“So?” I growled,after a long moment of silence. 

“It wasn’t Zewujun’s fault!”

“It wasn’t A-che... Jiang gungzi’s fault!”, they both exclaimed at the same time.

I took a deep breath and just glared at these two.Seriously? They’re brothers’ actions caused months of planning to go to waste, not to mention causing two of the most prominent sects in the cultivation world to lose face as both the Jiang and Lan had to retract the wedding invitations that had already been sent out 2 weeks before.

“You two…” I started to speak but was interrupted by Qingheng-jun’s hand on my shoulders. I sighed and let him take the reins. This is after all his sect and I have no authority here anyways but that doesn’t mean I won’t have a talk with my son later.

“Boys, rather than taking the blame from each other,why don’t you just tell us what happened that night?” Qingheng-jun suggested with an even voice and of course with the gentle smile of Lan even in this situation.

“Well, that night after dinner, Wuxian asked me to go with him to sneak into the Jingshi to meet Hanguang-jun. On the way, we met Zewujun who came with us as he also had some things to discuss with Hanguang-jun for his mission.” A-cheng started.

“And then?” I gritted out,trying to hold in my temper.

“Well...as it is still a few hours before curfew, we decided to have some tea in the Jingshi, there we started talking and somewhere in the conversation, we talked about their marriage in..,” A-cheng continued but stopped himself.

I looked at his expression and I could tell there is conflict there.

“Anyways,Wuxian joked that he wanted to elope and have a simple wedding,” A-cheng decided to say with a guilty face.

We both looked at each other and decided not to press.

“Go on!”encouraged Qingheng-jun.

“Wangji took it seriously and quickly wrote a note and took Wei gungzi away,” Zewujun said.

“It was so fast and we were too shocked to even react at the moment and when we finally got over it Wangji was already carrying Wei gungzi on Bichen and flew away. We figured that we would cause a ruckus if we chased after them and Wangji is very stubborn so there wouldn’t be any point in trying to persuade them. So we just…” trailed of Zewujun with a guilty smile.

“Let them go?” I added in which was replied with a nod from both of them.

I sighed exasperated and shook my head. Seriously? They can’t just wait for 1 more month?

“Well,at least they will still take care of the mission,” jokes Qingheng-jun,trying to lighten the mood which only earned him a glare from me. 

We all decided it was a long day and decided to take a break.

A few days later, Jiang Fengmian, Cangse Sanren, and some of the Yunmeng Jiang elders came to Gusu to help clear up the mess those two love bird’s little escapades made which includes the Lan elders’ out rage where some even stated that they will not recognize the marriage.

I sighed. 

Yeah, like their lack of acknowledgement will stop those two from being together.