Visiting the Cloud Recesses with the Chaotic Twin Prides

Yu Ziyuan POV

So today me, A-cheng, and Wuxian are going to travel to the Cloud Recesses, apparently Wuxian managed to coerce A-cheng into going. Right now ,we're on a boat leaving Lotus Pier.

"Jiang Cheng!" cried Wuxian,rubbing his head and glaring at A-cheng playfully.

"What? I'm just trying to knock some sense into you!" said A-cheng with a slight smirk on his face.

"That hurt!" whined Wuxian and is replied by A-cheng rolling his eyes.

I sighed and smiled looking at them acting like literal 5 year olds. I tore my gaze from them and looked out into the lake. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air. I couldn't remember a moment in the past months since I got back to Lotus Pier.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Wuxian and A-cheng finally calming down. I just shook my head and chuckled. I seriously can't believe those two are one of the most respected cultivators of their generation sometimes considering they act like children most of the time.

"A-cheng, will...you be okay?" asked Wuxian with a worried face.

"I just got word from Lan Zhan that Zewujun is coming home 1 month earlier than scheduled from Jin Ling Tai," continued Wuxian with a frown.

"I've just told you yesterday that I'm fine and I'll be fine. I decided to teach there because I figured it would be a great way to strengthen our ties with Gusu Lan. I would have decided to go even if I hadn't known he was going to stay at Jin Ling Tai for that period of time," he replied while crossing his arms.

"Seriously,though! If he even tries to breathe into your direction, I'm going to kick his ass," murmured Wuxian, unconsciously gripping Suibian.

"And how would you do that? You do realise he's the future sect leader right? And that sooner or later I'm going to bump into him and discuss something with him as a 'visiting' teacher." A-cheng replied with a sigh.

" And don't forget you're going to marry into his family so don't do anything stupid Wei Wuxian!" continued A-cheng.

"But you're my family too," said Wuxian,reaching out to hold A-cheng's shoulder.

"Wuxian..." A-cheng was about say when I interrupted him.

"He wouldn't have too," I simply said.

"Wuxian, A-cheng's right, they're going to be your family soon,so don't do anything that will sever your ties with them. But it's a different story for me," I continued smirking.

"Don't you have a thing with Qingheng-jun, A-niang? Don't you think beating up his son will put a dent in your relationship?" asked A-cheng quizzically which earned him a slap on the head from me.

"Me and Qingheng-jun are just friends. We clicked so quickly because he understands what it's like to have..." I trailed off but stopped myself at the end.

I looked at both of them and I could tell the unspoken words have been heard loud and clear, what it's like to have a spouse that does not love you.

I sighed and shook my head, there's no need to dwell on that now. I looked at the two of them and took both of their hands in mine.

"Look, what happened between me and Jiang Fengmian is in the past, there is no need to dwell on it any longer. I'm happy and I have no regrets as I know I've given it my all to that marriage." I said with a small smile.

" And it is no one's fault but our own," I emphasized,specifically looking at Wuxian who turned away,blushing.

"Now! Do behave when we get there! And I'm talking to you Wuxian!" I said with an exasperated sigh at the end which made A-cheng smirk amusedly and Wuxian pouting.

2 days later, we arrived at the Cloud Recesses as we used carriages because we also brought Wuxian's belongings from Lotus Pier as the wedding is going to be held right after Wuxian's 'training'.

"Ah, madam Yu,Jiang gungzi, Wei gungzi! I trust your travels have been well?" greeted Qingheng-jun at the steps of Lotus Pier.

"Greetings to Sect leader Lan," we all saluted.

"Yes, it is! Thank you," I replied with a smile.

"Well then, shall we go inside," he said,gesturing for us to follow him.

We all nodded and followed him inside.

"I must apologize for my sons' and brother's absence as Xichen and Qiren are still teaching a class and Wangji is investigating an attack at Caiyi Town," said Qingheng-jun while escorting us personally to our chambers.

"Here it is! I trust you all will want to rest for a while,we will call you for dinner later," he said and then he excused himself.

He gave us a whole resident all to ourselves. There's a small courtyard at the front and a backyard as well as a small kitchen at the side. We all chose our chambers and decided to unpack our belongings.

We took a rest and was woken up by a disciple there that called us to have dinner at the dining hall. We walked together to the dining hall.

When we arrived we took our seats,close to the main table which was occupied by Qingheng-jun, master Lan, and the twin Jades.

"We welcome the Yumeng Jiang sect and the esteemed Purple Spider, we hope your stay here will be pleasant," said Qingheng-jun lifting his cup which was followed by all of us.

After dinner, I walked back to my chambers alone as A-cheng and Wuxian said that they are going to look around for nostalgia. Which made me slightly suspicious as I would think that Wuxian would want to spend what little time he had with Hanguang-jun before the second jade had to go on his mission tomorrow.

I shook my head at this. Maybe, they wanted to spend time together as they're going to be separated soon when Wuxian is married.As he will spend the majority of his time at Gusu and A-cheng will have to go back to Yunmeng.

I breathed in the fresh air and continued walking when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I instinctively turned Xuanyuan into a whip and turned around. Only looking at an amused sect leader Lan, holding his hands up.

I pursed my lips and turned Xuanyuan back into a ring and playfully glared at him, "Don't you know it's wrong to sneak up on people?".

"Yes,especially when she has a scary looking whip to hit me with, my mistake," he bantered with mirth in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and walked alongside him. "So, how is your stay so far?" he asked with a gentle smile.

"Pleasant," I answered simply.

"So, how did you manage to convince the elders to accept this marriage?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Well, a lot of convincing, Wangji's stubbornness, and Qiren's influence" he replied,

"But mostly, Wangji's stubbornness, that boy was so adamant to marry Wuxian that he even said he will leave the Lan sect and elope with him if he has too '' chuckled Qingheng-jun.

I sighed exasperated, "Seriously? Why does everyone always mention eloping nowadays?"

"Well, I certainly wouldn't put it past them, I mean Wangji will do anything Wuxian wants and I could tell Wuxian doesn't really like formal gatherings and what's more formal than a marriage from 2 prominent sects?" chuckled Qinghen-jun

"Oh,gods please don't say that! I swear if those two dare to elope after all the preparations we've made I'm seriously going to kill them," I groaned, which was only answered by Qinghen-jun's laugh.

The next day,however, is no laughing matter.

Apparently, those two idiots really decided to elope together only leaving behind a note that was left in Hanguang-jun's bedroom.

Well then, I believe I have two love birds to kill when they come back from their 'travels' but first I'm going to talk to the accomplices.

"So, does anyone want to talk first?" I asked,crossing my arms and leaning back on my chair while looking at a guilty looking first jade and an equally guilty looking A-cheng.