Visiting Clouds and Hailing Storms

Jiang Fengmian POV

I walked to the great hall with A-Hui in tow, when we arrived I walked to my throne and greeted the twin jades, master Lan, and a few of the Lan elders. After we did all of the formalities, we took our seats. "I believe you're all here for A-xian?" I inquired, sipping my tea.

"Yes, I am here to court Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian," Hanguang-jun murmured, standing up from his seat and giving a deep bow.

"Well then, let me call Cangse Sanren to discuss this further," I cleared my throat and told A-Hui to fetch A-ren. "So, how are you, master Lan?" I asked Lan Qiren, smiling politely.

"I've been well, thank you, sect leader Jiang. How is Jiang Cheng? Is he still practicing the flying cloud technique I showed him?" inquired master Lan with the well-known politeness of Lan.

"He..." I tried to say, but I stopped as it occurred to me that I didn't know. I didn't even know he caught the attention of the greatest cultivation master in the cultivation world. I sighed. "Perhaps after this, you would like to ask A-cheng yourself?"I suggested with a tight smile.

"That would be lovely, thank you, sect leader Jiang. Your son is one of the most gifted students I have ever had. You have raised him well," he said, a ghost of a smile painted on his usually calm face.

We continued our small talk until we heard a knock from outside and in came A-ren with a fierce look on her face.

I smirked. Hanguang-jun's going to have the fight of his life.

"Hanguang-jun?" A-ren called, standing in front of the Lan dignitaries with her arms crossed in front of her. "A-xian told me what happened. You claimed my son without his consent first?" she inquired, glaring straight at him.

"With all due respect madam Cangse- the second jade is hardly to blame for this. We believe it's Wei Wuxian's antics that seduced the second jade into claiming him," one of the Lan elders tried to intervene.

A-ren turned her head to him, "My son's antics that seduced the second jade? What? You mean his antics in running around with messy hair and getting into trouble? Wow, who knew the Lan clan have such little self-restraint," she huffed.

"You-" he screeched, standing from his seat and pointing his finger at her.

"Calm down," snapped master Lan. "Sect leader Jiang, I apologize for master Han's behavior," he said, standing up and giving a bow. I waved it off while trying to keep a straight face. I know A-ren isn't angry, she's just testing them a little and teasing them for that matter. She knows how much A-xian loves Hanguang-jun and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Hanguang-jun is also head over hills for A-xian. I mean seriously, the way he looks at A-xian whenever he is doing something or the glare he gave A-cheng whenever A-xian put his hands around his shoulder is so obvious a blind man can see it.

"I love Weiying and I'll try my best to take care of him and make him happy," said Hanguang-jun while standing up and giving A-ren a salute.

A-ren looked at him for a long tense moment and then she broke into a smile and laughed. "Don't be so serious Hanguang-jun, you should loosen up a little, gods know you're going to need to if you marry A-xian," she chuckled. "He's a free spirit you see, he's got it from me," she smirked while patting a still tense Hanguang-jun who's still bowing to her.

"And can I call you Wangji, as we are going to be family now?" she asked after everyone settled down and she finally took her seat across from the Lans.

"Yes," answered Lan Wangji simply.

"And can I call your name too, Qiren?" asked A-ren teasingly.