Reunion

After a few more months, A-Cheng , Wuxian, and A-Li came home from the cloud recesses, of course that is after Wuxian caused a seen there which after I got the details from A-cheng, I’m kind of impressed by Wuxian's protectiveness and loyalty towards A-li.

Right now, we're having dinner together as a family, finally after 1 whole year. "Wuxian,I heard you punched Jin Zixuan at the Cloud Recesses?" I asked him, right after he choked on his food and tried to stand up, possibly to apologize to me. I immediately stopped him with my hand and told him to go back to his seat.

In front of me, I could see Jiang Fengmian staring daggers at me. I smirked, "Not bad!But if he ever insults my daughter again make sure to beat him up more next time, and A-cheng help him will you!"

For a while, there was a long silence at the dinner table. "My lady..." Jiang Fengmian tried to say. 

I believe it was because he thought I was being sarcastic and about to punish Wuxian but in reality I actually am quite happy that Zixuan got a few beatings.How dare he insult my daughter!

"No need, my lord!" I interrupted.

" Wuxian, I'm serious if anyone ever insults my children again, beat them up until they regret ever uttering a single bad word against them, a single punch is not sufficient! Do you understand, both of you?" I asked while staring back and forth between A-cheng and Wuxian. They just nodded their heads.

 "Good. As for the cancelation of their marriage-”, I started,smiling into my cup of tea.

“Good riddance, A- li can find someone better than that peacock!" I huffed,puting my cup down and crossed my arms.

For a while there was palpable silence until I heard Wuxian trying to hold back a laugh while A-cheng is poking him from the sides trying to get him to stay quiet but I guess he couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing and rolled on the ground while holding his stomach and not long after A-cheng followed suit.

I chuckled with them while Jiang Fengmian and A-li just looked at us with an exasperated face while shaking their heads. When our eyes met, Jiang Fengmian's and I of course I could see a slight bit of amusement in them while he smiled at me and unconsciously I smiled back at him as well.

He was about to say something to me when I got back to my senses.

 WHAT AM I DOING!??

Quickly, I put my poker face back on and told A-cheng and Wuxian to get back to their seats.

"Right as we have finished dinner, I would like to retire back to my room, if you'd excuse me!" I said and gave my courtesy to Jiang Fengmian and left. 

When I was about to walk out the door, I heard A-cheng hurriedly get up from his seat and ran to me , "A-nian,wait!! I've finished dinner too, I want to come with you!" he said while holding my sleeves.

I chuckled. 

" A-cheng, you're 16 now, don't you think you're a little bit too old to be holding on to my sleeves like that?" I asked with a bemused smile on my face.

AHH WHY IS MY SON SO CUTE???

Right when I said that, he widened his eyes as he just realised what he did and quickly let go of my sleeves and turned his turning red face away from me. "Sorry,a-nian!" he said sheepishly. 

In the background I could hear Wuxian falling and rolling around in the ground laughing again, that is until A-cheng glared at him to stop, then he stopped and sat back down but with a few giggles escaping from his lips from time to time which only irritated A-cheng more.

I chuckled again.

 " It's quite alright A-cheng and of course I would love for you to come with me." I said with a tender look on my face.

" But A-cheng haven't you spent all afternoon with a-nian already ? Are you planning to take a-nian all to yourself?" asked A-li with a teasing tone and Wuxian's suppressed laughter can be heard again. This time, I could see a-cheng bit of red face clearly.

" A-jie!" he said with a sulking voice.

"Alright, alright! I'll stop teasing sorry a-cheng, but can I get a-nian later, I think I need to talk to her for some advice." she said with a soft smile and slightly saddened eyes.

Oh my daughter, you fell for that peacock haven't you? 

I sighed."A-li come to me in an hour or two!Come A-cheng!" I said and left.

A-cheng quickly gave his regards to his father and left with me. Together, we went to my garden and had tea there together. There A-cheng told me all about Wuxian shenanigans and how he tried to help him get away with it but only got sucked into the problem eventually. He also told me about how they met the jades of lan and how they worked together with them to fight a waterborne abyss. When I heard that, I was so proud of him and surprisingly Wuxian too, I guess that boy has grown on me. 

But I also can point out that he talked about the first jade a little bit too much in detail which gives me a suspicion that he regards the esteemed Zewu-jun more than just a friend or a brother in arms. 

But that's a question for later, now I'm just enjoying A-cheng's story which he told enthusiastically and happily which he never showed to me in my past life, I sighed , that doesn't matter now I guess as I'm the only one that remembered the past or should I say the alternate universe to this one.

We've spent a long time in the garden now until we heard a cough from behind us and we quickly stood up. " My lord!" " A-die!" we said simultaneously while giving our courtesies. 

"What brings you here my lord?" I inquired, once we sat down.

" Do I need a reason to see my wife?" he asked again with an indecipherable smile on his face. 

I was speechless for a second and I swear I could feel A-cheng moving closer to me for some reason but unfortunately I couldn't see the expression on his face but I could see he was fisting his hands very tightly. Well this is odd!

I was about to ask him to leave but I saw A-li walking towards us from behind Jiang Fengmian. "A-nian!A-die!" she said while giving a courtesy.

"Ah, A-li!" I called, smiling. " Sorry, my lord, I'm afraid I already have an appointment with A-li,” I said.

“A-cheng we'll talk more about your adventures later again okay!" I smiled at him,putting the stray hairs on his face.

"Yes,A-niang!" he said while giving me a hug and giving his courtesy to both me and Jiang Fengmian.

" If you'd excuse us my lord" I excused myself,while giving my courtesy to him and ushering A-li toward the direction of my room after a long silence between us which always happened nowadays.

I didn't wait for his reply as I walked towards my room with A-li.