Beginning of the End < for the Wens ;) > part 1

Hello fellow readers... author here speaking! Thank you for all the support that's been given for this fanfic from comments to votes. This is an early update...hope it will make your day happier even just a little.Enjoy!!🤗

- Kate ❤

After me and A-li went to my room , we sat down in my bed and A-li started to look down and play with her fingers while I just stared at her.

We stayed like that for quite a while until I had enough of the silence. "A-li! Look at me!" I called her. I put both of my hands on her face, and gently raised her head up.

After she looked me in the eyes, I smiled. " What's troubling you, my dear?" I asked even though I know it's that peacock.

" A-niang, what do you do when the boy you like or might even love doesn't love you back? Will you keep chasing him until he likes you back? Will you still fight for him?" She blabbered on with a stutter and a red face.

I chuckled because of how cute she looked but then her statement kind of hits too close to home for my liking. " A-li,listen to me!" I said with a serious face on.

" I will not stop you if you want to chase after him but remember your worth! Do not lower yourself for him and most definitely do not lose yourself for him. Do you understand?" I caressed her face.

" Yes, A-niang!" she said with teary eyes.

"Remember that a relationship needs both parties to make it work which means both parties must fight for it. Do not settle for a man that will not fight for you! You are a smart, kind, and strong young woman, you deserve a man that will love and fight for you as fiercely as you love and fight for him and even more so!" I continued, whipping her tears.

" Okay, A-niang!" she said as she smiled and hugged me. We hugged each other for a while until I broke our embrace and caressed her head.

"Okay, is there anything else you want to talk to me about?" I asked, after a while.

"Actually, A-niang, I wanted to tell you about my experiences in the Cloud Recesses too." she said with a blush. I chuckled again and nodded my head as her face brightened up and proceeded to tell me about the shenanigans a-cheng and Wuxian did in the Cloud Recesses. As it turns out, my son did as much shenanigans as Wuxian did.

I only smirked, well like mother like son, gods only know the amount of annoying and idiotic things I did as a child at Meishan Yu. She also talked about the amount of cute boys there at the Cloud Recesses, we giggled a lot at that as I also concurred 'cause I also went to the Cloud Recesses in my youth albeit two years after Jiang Fengmian did. After a few more hours and a lot of laughing and giggling between us girls, a-li excused herself to go to her room before she went out the door, she stared at me for a while with anxious eyes as if contemplating whether to say or not.

" A-nian, you remember when you said that I should find a man that will fight and love me as fiercely as I do?" she asked me,finally.

I scrunch my forehead and nodded my head as I was both anxious and confused about where this is going. " Well maybe you should take your own advice, me and a-cheng will be fine so you don't have to worry about us!" she continued with a smile and a knowing look on her face.

I was stunned.

WAIT DID SHE KNOW ABOUT JIANG FENGMIAN AND I?

Well we fought a lot yes, but as far as I know never to an extent that they would think we don't love each other, well we don't or he doesn't but we've been so careful to not let the children know. That's why we always try to eat together at breakfast and dinner everyday and go on a family trip every few months.