If You Want Something Done Right,then You Better Do It Yourself.

After catching up and refreshing my memory with everything that happened this past year, I finally knew why I had fainted. It wasnt surprising because it turns out- I was so angry that my husband had been ignoring A-Cheng again, and was training Wei Wuxian instead. When I arrived and tried to get him to train our son, we argued until I almost Qi Deviated.

After I wake up, Doctor Li comes in to check up on me. "Madame Yu, I suggest you stay in bed to rest for a week at least, as you should not over-exert yourself after your ordeal." He said, prescribing me a tonic and leaving.

That night, surprisingly, it was Jiang Fengmian that came to check up on me. " How are you feeling, my lady?" He asks, bringing me a bowl of soup.

Usually, this would be around the point I snapped and screamed at him to get lost. Usually, I wouldve said that this is all his fault and that if he has the time to "check-up," on me then he would also have the time to check up on his clearly distraught son.

But I knew that it wouldn't work and I would just waste my energy. So I just look at him with an impassive face and take the bowl of soup in his hands, eating without sparing him a second glance.

"Here, let me help you with that." He said, trying to take the bowl from my hands. I look at him skeptically. What is he trying to do? Feed me? That can't be, right?

But then while I was distracted with my thoughts, he took the bowl from my hands, scooped some of the soup with the spoon, BLEW on it, and brought the spoon to my mouth.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I glanced up, and there he was- sitting on the edge of my bed, awkwardly holding the spoon to my mouth. "Aren't you going to open your mouth?" He asks, flashing me a winning smile.

It was a genuine smile that he has only given to me twice in my past life. Each, for every time I've given birth to our children. It was that smile that he has given so openly to Cangse Sanren, and now reserved for her son. It was that smile that has never been given to A- Cheng.

I scowled, a sour taste in my mouth."No! I can feed myself!" I snapped, taking the bowl of soup back from him and grabbing the spoon from his hand. I started eating, trying my best to look anywhere but him.

I expected him to go but he just stayed there looking at me, even after I finished eating and started to read a book.

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I put the book down and turned towards him with an annoyed look on my face. Is there anything you need my lord?" I ask, trying to keep the bite out of my voice. From the slight widening of his eyes, I could tell that I had caught him off guard. He looks at me for a few seconds longer and fidgets. "Can I... stay here for the night, my lady?" He asks, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

No... I think my mind is just playing tricks on me because lord knows why- even after all this time I still have feelings for this man.

"Is there something wrong with your quarters, my lord ?" I ask because theres no way Jiang Fengmian would want to share the same room with me for no apparent reason.

"N-No, I just... want to stay with you tonight as it is my fault youre sick." He finally muttered, after a long pause.

Ah... there it is. Thats the reason- because he felt guilty. I should have expected that. Because while my husband is a bad father and horrible husband, he is- at least, an honorable man. I think that's why I put up with him for so long.

I looked at him, keeping my face carefully blank. No need, my lord. I can manage on my own and I wouldn't want to disturb your rest. Besides, Jinzhu and Yinzhu will be with me," I muttered, nodding at my two servants who were standing guard in front of the door.