Intermission???

Hello everyone... thank you for reading this story up until now,I would like to announce that I would be publishing each chapter on Sunday. Thanks & enjoy!!

Jiang Fengmian POV

After my lady went out the door with A-Cheng, I set back down in my sit. " Let's continue!" I said while picking back up my chopsticks. The children also picked up their chopsticks but I could Yanli's disapproving face staring at me while we eat.

After an awkward breakfast Yanli went with Yinzu to study medicine while me and A-Xian walked to the training field. I was expecting A-Cheng and my lady already in the training field and started warming up which they usually do but I couldn't find them anywhere.

When I asked one of the disciples, they said they haven't seen them all morning. I just sighed and went to our training. I really don't get her after so long she wouldn't ever let A-Cheng miss training even when he's sick and A-Cheng being his mother's child doesn't ever want to miss training either, these thoughts ran in my head all throughout training. After training I went to look for them and finally found them in my lady's back garden.

I was about to walk towards them when I was stopped by Jinzu. "Sect leader!" She solluted while blocking my way to them. Behind her I could see A-Cheng running around while being chased by his mother and from here I could see their bright smiling faces and hear their uncontrollable laughter which I have never heard before.

For a second I felt a sting in my heart, the same sting that I felt when I saw them train together almost everyday without me.

I was about to try to get around Jinzu to get to them when I heard a shout from afar. "Sect leader! Sect leader! Master Wei fell into the lake!" Said one of the disciples while running towards me. 

WHAT??

" Show me where!" I ordered while running to the lake. Briefly I could see Ziyuan and A-cheng looking at me.

.

But it doesn't matter now, A-Xian's safety is far more important.

As I walked into the area of the lake, I saw A-Xian soaking wet while coughing at the edge of the lake."A-Xian!" I called while walking hastily to him.As soon as I could reach him,I held his shivering body in my arms and looked at him up and down.

"Are you alright?" I heard A-Cheng's voice from behind me. 

"I'm fine." Said A-Xian while trying to smile with a pale face. "You know you couldn't swim well yet why would you go near the lake without someone accompanying you?" Asked A-Cheng with a slightly raised voice.

Ahh,that child has his mother's temper indeed.

"A-Cheng! Stop yelling at A-Xian,can't you tell that he's traumatized already..." as I was trying to say something else to reprimand my son,I felt a hand grab my sleeves. 

I looked down and I saw A-Xian shaking his head as if pleading with me not to reprimand A-Cheng and my heart just softened at his pure heart.

I took a deep breath and sighed. " A-Cheng,why did you missed practice today?You know if you haven't missed it today you could have stayed by A-Xian's side and preventex this from ever happening?As a future sect leader how could you not give a good example to the other disciples, how will youu.." I tried to speak again but I was interrupted by my wife.

"It was me who made him miss practice not him,so if you want to reprimand someone then reprimand me!And you want happened here today was not A-Cheng's fault rather than blaming MY son for Wuxian's incapability of swimming and YOUR incompetence in teaching him,I would rather you train him YOURSELF on how to swim, after all you always did that for him anyway right sect leader Jiang?" She said with a straight face.

I could feel my face turning red and I balled my fists tight.How could she say that in front of a shivering and traumatized A-Xian?He almost DROWNED for goodness sake.

I was about to say something but she already excused herself and left while holding A- Cheng's hand.

That night she and A-Cheng didn't have dinner with us.So I ate with A-Xian and A-Li.It was a very silent dinner.

After dinner I went directly to my lady's room.I went in without knocking first which I know startled her as she turned zidian into a whip.As soon as she saw me,she immediately turned it back into a ring but I could still see she is still agitated as her ring kept producing purple sparks.

We stood looking at each other for quite awhile. Now I just realised she's just wearing her inner robes and her hair is loose and wet.

I could tell she's just taken a bath. I slowly looked at her up and down and I've just realised that she's actually quite beautiful although her beauty is most of the time hidden behind her strict face and scowl.But seeing her now, so relaxed,I feel like I' ve seen her for the first time as clissé as it might sound.

As I'm contemplating this,I heard a cough from her direction. " What is it you need my lord?" She asked with that strict face back on.

Ah,back to business I see, I sort of missed that soft look... Wait what am I thinking just now?

I looked at her with a passive face. " Why did you say those things in front of A-Xian?" I asked with a flat voice. 

She smirked, " I have a better question, sect leader Jiang, why did you say those things TO A-Cheng?"

Now I'm getting slightly irritated.

“Don't dodge the question." I frowned, crossing my arms.

"I could say the same thing about you my lord!" She said, still with that insufferable smirk on her face.

“I only told the truth.Now answer my question!" I said again,now with my sect leader voice which I rarely use.

" I only said the truth as well my lord after all you always favored the child of Cangse Sanren rather than your own, do you not?" She said with an icy glare directed at me.

And that's when my anger exploded.