Sneak Peak Chapter

CHAPTER 1 :
To Forgive but Not to Forget

Jiang Cheng POV

“I love you too,A-Cheng-” 

“You have taken my heart,Jiang Wangyin!”

“A-Cheng, A-Yao is my sworn brother, there for he is my responsibility,”

“A-Cheng, it’s not what you think,”

“A-Cheng-”

Memories run around in my head of the man that single handedly mended my heart and broke it to pieces.

“A-Cheng, will you ever forgive me?” asked the man in question, showing a look of desperation and all traces of smile whipped from his face.

 Which is an expression that rarely escapes a Lan,even in their toughest moments.

“Do you hate me A-Cheng?” Lan Xichen continued to ask me,this time I could see his eyes start to glisten.

I sighed. He hurt me.

He raised me up into the Clouds,healed all of my wounds, and made me intrust my heart to him.

Only to drop me from the kies and in the process gave me more wounds than ever before as well as crushing my already battered heart.

I sighed again, but then everytime I look at him,everytime I’m near him, everytime I spend even just a moment alone with him…

Gods, it’s like my anger just melts away and I almost forget what he did to me and most importantly what he did to us.

I realized after I met him again in the Cloud Recesses and worked together with him to cover our brothers’ tracks that I could never hate him and that I’ve already forgiven him.

And that is what I tell the man in front of me, the man that when he heard what I’ve said these words of forgiveness pulled me to him and held me tightly, like I meant the world to him…

That I am his world.

But judging from past experiences and I am a quick study, that is certainly not the case.

So I force myself to let go of that loving but torturous embrace and distance myself from him.

“Lan Xichen, I have forgiven you and like I’ve said I don’t think I’ll ever hate you,no matter what you did…” I said and I took a deep breath before continuing.

“But I don’t forget, I don’t think I’ll ever forget,” I said,whispering that statement at the end.

“A-Cheng, I don’t know what-” he tried to say but I cut him off. Tired with all this arguing,tired of the heartache that comes with it.

“You don’t know what happened.” I continued his sentence. The sentence he kept repeating over and over again after that accident, next to the words I’m sorry and please forgive me.

And I am tired of hearing those words.

“Lan Xichen!” I called his name.