i : beginning after the end

Chapter One:

"it was just the beginning."

_______________

03. 15. 21 | 09 : 43 : 26

___________________

Jia's

The sunlight stroke my face the moment i stepped out of my car. it seems like i was a little late? well, it cannot be helped.

I took my phone out from my pocket and called someone.

"I am already in front of the gate. Where's the attendant?"
With a bored look on my eyes, i gazed at the huge white gate of Gyunhee University. a gold mark on its front gate, replicating the mark of the university. the school must be prestigious.

I already told him to not do something eye-catching. this dumb old man.

"W-Wait.. The dean should be there by-"

I ended the phone call with Secretary Kim, seeing the white gate slowly retracting to open.

"Good day, Ms. Yoon. I am Do Yeonghwa, the dean of Gyunhee University."
he bowed, this lousy old man sure looks like that kinds of villainous stupid chief executives you can see in dramas. The ones who always want money and will die stupidly. we should keep distance.

"where's the dormitory?"
I asked. he chuckled at me making me look at him.

"Aren't you going to greet me back too, Ms. Yoon? I am the-"

"Is it... necessary?"
I looked at my watch, not wanting to waste any other time because i am already running late.

"What did you just said?"

I faked a smile and opened the trunk of my car, taking my luggage out.

"nothing."
I answered him and entered the school's premises. I gave my keys to the guard to park my car to the parking lot while still beaming my fake smile to try not to offend anyone.

"Ms. Yoon it seems like you are in a hurry, You are so diligent just like your father."
the dean caught up with me as I was walking towards the dormitory. there's a huge map in the entrance, I took a picture of it so that i'll have my guide. This old fart seems to be a useless map after all.

"I am already running late for my first class, Mr. Dean. I don't want to skip classes on my first day here."
I said looking left and right. This school seems to be pretty huge. there's so many tree surrounding us, the grass fields next to the concrete pavements gives off a naturalistic vibe. the structures are aligned perfectly and there's even overpasses for the students to cross the huge roads.

"Oh I see, About that, you are excused for your first subject- no. You are excused for your first day here. consider it as a tour day, you can skip your classes and be familiarized with the whole school."