viii : good chemistry

Chapter Eight

"In this games we are playing, those who lose their minds are the losers."

_______________

Jia's

"You can never beat Lee Heeseung."
Yang Jungwon scratched his back abit and took the recording device from his back. he stepped on it, completely destroying the tiny device that lets other eavesdrop on our conversation.

"How did you.."

How did he know that we will be needing him if we want to defeat Heeseung?

he shrugged his shoulder.

"the walls have ears, Jia."
he meaningfully chides and sipped on his soda. he glanced at the recording device on the floor like he's telling me it's similar like that.

I looked at Sunghoon, he looked away.

I see.

"why did you told us that just now?"
I reprimanded, he should have told us sooner. is he only seeking for Sunghoon's golden authority?

"that would be unfair if I would tell that to you right from the start."
he answered, grinning at me.

"I am on the same page as yours anyways. "

"How come?"
It isn't as convincing as when Sunghoon told that to me.

"You cannot beat Lee Heeseung..." he put the glass on the table and crossed his hands in front of his chest. "But we can."
he asserted with a smile.

i hesitantly listened. there's a part of me that still do not want to trust him.

But i have no choice.

"State your plan."
I commanded him. he nodded his head and brought his phone out.

"With my authority, I can fabricate the upcoming exam questionnaire for the evaluation."

he can what?

I looked at the file he opened on his phone. It was the questionnaires. random questions but everything is hard.

"The professors are smart so even if I'll be the one to make the questionnaires, they'll just make an aligned reviewer for every student."
he added. i looked at him, trying to get a hint of what he's planning to do next.

"thus, Sunghoon-hyung's authority is needed."
he opened another file that shocked me.

goosebumps.

"You are planning to fabricate the reviewer sheets using my authority so that only the three of us will know the right answer."
sunghoon looked at Jungwon eye to eye. Jungwon nodded his head and smiled.

"In that way, everyone except us three will never know what the questionnaires really are. It will boost us three and we can dethrone Lee Heeseung from his rank."

"How certain of you that heeseung isn't actually planning something like this?"

"Heeseung already used his authority. he can't do the same thing anymore."
Jungwon took a small flash drive from his pocket.

"he used it to gain information about Jia. at the same time, he has the recordings of the camera footage from the department store to prove if she's really innocent or not."
i looked at Sunghoon.