vii : golden authority

Chapter Seven:

"A single wish can turn the tides."

___________

Jungwon's

I sipped the cola I am holding as i gaze through the thick crowds of party people inside the club. I leaned on the railings of the second floor and watched them have fun. It is Saturday and for sure, students will be here to kill time.

"You found some hot lady Jungwon-ssi?"
I chuckled, seeing Jay-hyung on my side, resting his elbows on the railings and looking at me.

"I am not like you, you womanizer."
I grinned at him. He just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I actually found someone for you. You wanna hook her up later?"

I glared at him.

He knows i can't.

"Are you teasing me hyung? I'm starting to hate it."

He laughed at me with my serious remarks.

"Ahh yeah you might ruin your family's reputation if you dare to do something indifferent from me."
He laughed.

It is hard to grow up from a prominent family.

The pressure is always there and people will expect something from you.

You gotta live for their expectations. It sucks, it is suffocating and it is dumb.

You should always be the paragon, the role model just to fit on the society up above.

It's tiring. But who am I to complain?

"Much like Heeseung-hyung. Your lives are boring as fvck."

Jay-hyung's and my life was way too different from each other. They are entrepreneurs. they do not need to keep their own names clean because the problems they'll have will eventually disappear because of their products.

We are Government leaders, living from the votes of our fellow countrymen. We can't stain our name or else it will a mark forever. We are the product ourselves.

"Said by the guy who is already arranged to someone."
I teased him. He frowned at me and hissed. The only downfall with Jay-hyung's family is that his dad is greedy enough to set him up for a marriage with a business partner.

"You know that's the reason why I am hooking up every now and then right? It's actually making my life more spicy than ever."

What does he meant by spicy? that's hilarious.

"As you say so."
I raised my glass of cola as a sign of a toast.

It's still too early to go home but i am already bored.

"You know you can just break the rules and be careless sometimes right?"
He tapped my back to comfort me.

I sighed.

He's right.

My parents were not expecting something from me afterall. It is just my ego to be on the flowery path no matter what so that someday they'll recognize my efforts.