xvii : cynical

Chapter Seventeen:

"Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind."
-William Shakespeare

__________________

04 : 03 : 21 | 14 : 32 : 26

Jia's

"who is that...?"
I asked, looking at the camera footage on the television. we are now gathered on the private room, looking at the surveillance camera's footage that Ni-ki secretly installed on his piano.

I glanced at the piano once again, seeing a small hole on it that can camouflage the camera lens once installed.

"we still do not know who is that but at least we already know the figure of the suspect."
Sunoo stated, glaring at the monitor.

The footage only shows a man walking inside the private room. He is wearing a black hoodie and a mask so we can't see his face.

the only thing that we can see is how he planted the wiretaps on the room. It only means that he's eavesdropping ever since.

"we can clearly see how tall and wide he is. the only problem that we have right now is to specifically identify the suspect."
Heeseung stated the obvious. This is not an evidence, since it won't lead us to anything at all.

But we now know that the suspect is a boy. Atleast I am totally cleared from suspicion.

i looked at everyone in the room.

i'm not saying that someone here is the killer but it isn't impossible.

who can do something like that?

My eyes stopped on someone, i stared at him for a minute before he glanced at me too.

"what?"
jay asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Where were you last night?"
I asked him, my fingers on my chin.

he suddenly gasped, before chuckling with ridicule.

"Are you kidding me right now Jia? Stop pointing fingers."
he told me with disbelief.

that just made me more wary.

Jay sus, In the name of Jay-sus. lol

"just answer my question."
I asked him. he deeply sighed before rolling his eyes right now.

"I slept with someone last night. Are you happy now? Or should I call the girl to prove my alibi?"
he boldly said, making everyone in the room look at him with disbelief.

"you what?"

"i'm kidding. I'm at the bar last night, hanging out with some friends."
he said and let us see his friend's instagram story, a video of them partying last night.

Oh so he's cleared... i see.

The only one who can have an alibi right now is Sunghoon, Jake and Me since we saw each other last night.