liv : it was me.

Chapter Fiftyfour:

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to accept it."

___________________

"Jia? Jia? Are you awake now?"

I started to slowly open my eyes, feeling someone shaking me off gently. I can feel something warm on my side... is it a bonfire? where am i? what happened?

"Jia... you're awake. I'm glad."
I turned towards Sunghoon who smiled at me. he was the one who was shaking me off earlier. he must have seen that i already woke up.

Wait-

Isn't he...

"Don't come near me!!"
I quickly pushed him away from me after i realized what is happening. How am i still alive? Why am i here? What is happening right now?

"What... what did i do to you?"
he asked, his forehead creasing. i stood up from the ground where I am laying down and pointed him.

"You...! You pushed me off the cliff right? How am i still alive!?! Why did you saved me!!?"
I asked, taking steps backward. He stood up from his seat and dusted himself off, looking at me with utter confusion.

"What are you saying... did you had a bad nightmare? well if i were you i would have one too... You almost died earlier!"
he explained, walking towards the fire and putting some tree branches on it to keep the flame burning.

"Yes because you pushed me!"

"I didn't! I was the one who saved you! An explosion suddenly erupted somewhere and the ground shook, making you lose your balance... you passed out right after you fell. you almost died there if only i didn't saved you! look!"
he complained like a child, pulling the sleeves of his shirt to let me see scratches and bruised on his forearm.

"I even got wounded while saving you! why are you suspecting me of killing you? You're ridiculous..."
He said in disappojntment. I just stood there, trying to process what actually happened.

I was hallucinating earlier? An explosion.... Yes i heard it. So that was when i fell?

But the hallucination was way too vivid to only be seen as an illusion. What is it... A foreshadowing?

"When... Did the explosion happened...? We chatted, right?"
He brushed his hair upwards ij frustration, looking at me with annoyance.

"You were standing next to the cliff when the explosion happened. And yes, we chatted... talked about Byeol... But that's all." he explained to furtherly confirm my confusion. So i was really just dreaming earlier.

Sunghoon is not the killer.

Then who?

I looked for the ring on my pocket, feeling it on my right pocket. I checked it and it is still the same.

"Didn't Byeol gave you this ring? Isn't this the gift she gave you? That night! When Byeol mistook your birthday after your competition... She gave you this ring, right?"
I asked. If it is the ring Byeol gave him then he's really the killer!

Rather than being surprised, his forehead creased even more because of confusion.

" What ring? She gave me a necklace.... "
Sunghoon looked at me, taking the necklace he is wearing inside his shirt out.