li : exsanguination

Chapter Fiftyone :

"What a bittersweet love story...."

_________________

"The tint is fading..."
I watched how they all stare at the glass cube in the center of the room.

Are they still humans?

"All of you are fvcked up."
I whispered to myself, struggling on the rope that was tying me on the back.

Jake...

Jake is already dead.

He drowned in front of us.

We let him die.

I feel so horrible.

It's been like hours ever since we voted earlier. The water stopped the moment the cube was filled with water. I can still hear Jake's screams from the inside. He was begging for help.

They were so selfish. Way too selfish.

"Don't you feel any remorse? Someone died again because of you!!"
I shouted at them, gathering their attention. I saw Jungwon looking away, feeling guilty. But the rest?

They don't feel like it at all.

"Do you still want to save him, thinking you can be the hero here, Jia?"
Jay murmured. I looked at him with disgust.

"You just want him to die in the first place. Shut the fvck up."
I glared at him. I can see how his eyes darkened. He's mad. But for what? I just said the truth. He just wants to kill Jake in the first place. The killer just helped him succeed.

No but what if he's actually the killer? Very funny. That would be very funny.

"Look at the glass..."
As the tint starting to fade, letters started to appear on the glass just like what is said in the speaker earlier. Since it can't camouflage with the tint anymore, it is starting to appear.

I want to break the glass. Jake's floating body is still inside.

I flinched, feeling Sunghoon slightly poking me at my side. I gazed at him, catching him looking at me.

"don't make a commotion."
He whispered, untying me from the rope. He has a pocket knife which i think he got from the bag earlier. He untied himself and started untying me. I didn't moved and pretended nothing is happening.

I searched for the sledge hammer i got earlier, seeing it somewhere near me.

"I'll take their attention. Can you break the glass?"
He whispered. I slightly nodded my head.

"At the count of three."
He said, preparing himself.

"One... Two...."
Sunghoon quickly stood up and ran twoards Jay's direction.

"Three!!"
I stood up from my seat and quickly rushed towards the Sledge Hammer. Everyone looked at Sunghoon, completely ignoring me. I successfully took the sledge hamemr and ran towards the glass.

"Yoon Jia Don't!!!"

You can't stop me.

The loud sound of shattering glass erupted all across the room after the sledge hammer hit the glass. It shattered and the water inside started occupying the room.