xxiii : sabotage

Chapter Twentythree:

"have fun while you still can."

________________________

Heeseung's

"Ayaka will snitch us, for sure."

i sipped on the wine glass I am holding while glancing to Sunghoon.

We are on the private room and we are the only ones inside. We can have an exclusive talk since no one will be eavesdropping.

"What do you mean?"
i asked him, slowly tilting the glass to shake the alcohol inside.

"She's thinking that the killer's reason was a revenge."

A revenge? don't tell me...

"Kim Byeol?"
I let out a frustrated chuckle and looked up, shutting my eyes closed while leaning my head on the headboard of the sofa.

"certainly."

she can't do that to us. She'll be dragged with us to hell if she'll snitch what happened.

"You're also thinking the same way right?"
I think he knew i was gonna ask him that. he shrugged his shoulder and looked at me.

"yeah but who will it be? It's not like Kim Byeol will rise up from the cemetery and kill us all nor someone will avenge her. I don't think it is possible but that's the only motive i can think of at the moment."
he explained. I just nodded my head, my thoughts are similar with him.

Kim Byeol was a nobody. She doesn't have any connection.

or not?

wait- 

I know someone.

come to think of it... 

it does make sense.

"we need to make a move."
I told him. Sunghoon and the others doesn't know it. It is my chance to find who the culprit is.

"yeah.. my competition is right around the corner. I can't let her ruin my name before I compete."
he sternly said while sipping on his glass. I glanced at him and raised an eyebrow.

"The Nationals is already near?"
I never saw him practicing hard like the last time.

It felt like he's more into this murder mystery than his skating right now. or is it just me?

"yeah. right after the Carnival."

That will be next week.

"Aren't you afraid that the killer will sabotage you? or he might kill you before the competition tho."
I chuckled, finding my joke funny. He smugly grinned at me and laughed.

"Seriously, I am not afraid anymore."

my face straightened, i glared at him sharply.

"Why? because you are the killer? surely, you won't gonna kill yourself."

The smile on his face faded, he looked at me and raised an eyebrow.