xxvi : silence

Chapter Twentysix:

"The first rule in keeping a secret is nothing on paper."

________________________

04 : 15 : 21 | 07 : 46 : 30

Jia's

"You ready?"
I cleared my throat, hearing Jungwon from my side after i went outside of my dorm room. is it a coincidence that we finished preparing at the same time or is he waiting for me outside?

"yeah."
It's quarter to eight and the carnival event will start at nine. Even though we do not have any classes for today, we woke up early because we are tasked to be one of the moderators of the event. Jungwon proposed it and certainly, he has a good plan as a reason to do that.

-Flashback!

"Explain now, Yang Jungwon. Why did you volunteered for the event tomorrow?"
I asked, arching an eyebrow at him after we all arrived on the golden circle's private room. he sheepishly smiled at us before answering.

"because we can guarantee our win there."

"The hell are you saying? Are you planning to cheat on the event?"
Ayaka, who was also confused looked at him as he walked towards the whiteboard and wrote something.

"If we can be facilitators of the event, we'll be given a huge handicap and we may even have the chance to know who the culprit behind the serial murders is."
He said. everyone's attention now turned towards him, a hint of seriousness can be felt across the room.

"Elaborate it, Yang Jungwon."
Heeseung's swivel chair turned towards him. Jungwon nodded his head and took his laptop from Heeseung's desk and typed something on it. He connected the laptop to the virtual projector on the room and presented his ideas.

"For the handicap, All moderators will be given a map where most of the cards are located. Tho ut isn't specified, we already know where to find the cards. In terms of the serial killing's murderer, Other than the joker event, The carnival is also a huge festival. accessible not just for the students but for some outsiders as well. Medias and other prominent peoples will go inside the academy to join the carnival. Surely, the murderer won't let this opportunity to pass."
Jungwon started, pressing the next button and turning to another page of his slideshow.

"With that said, moderators and facilitators will be the first one to act if something happened. That's why it is better for us to be one of them."
He smirked at us, The others seem to decipher what he meant but i am still left clueless.

"If we became one of the moderators, we can have first-hand access to footages everywhere inside the school premises as well as informations all about the current happenings in which the school never disclose."
Jay, who was sitting on the chair next to jungwon continued and nodded his head.

"We can also identify who are the people on the crime scene, any witnesses and who is the killer."
Heeseung added.

I looked at Sunghoon and Sunoo on my side, asking a question.

"The school never disclose that types of information?"
Sunghoon looked at me with his poker face while nodding his head.

"The school's head are self-centered bastards. For them, It is the school's reputation first before anything else."
Sunghoon said, a bitter tone can be heard on his voice. Sunoo nodded his head with agreement.