liii : levitating

Chapter Fiftythree:

"The treachery of demons is nothing compared to the betrayal of an angel."

______________________

Jia's

"What is it that you really want to see, Jia? We're getting farther from everyone..."

i heard Sunghoon from my back, following my tracks as i look for the wall i saw from the last time.  Where is it? I can't see the wall...

Is it connected to the house? I looked at the huge mansion on our side, seeing the enormous frontal gate already covered with moss because of old age... I looked down, only to see the muddy pathway leading somewhere. it is still fresh and you can see the marks of the wheels of a vehicle that ran over the dry leaves on the ground. 

"The bus must have taken that path!"
Without even looking back at Sunghoon, I immediately ran towards where the path is going, not knowing what is waiting ahead of me. I ran as fast as i could, trying to reach somewhere i can seek help desperately.

I just want to go home... 

"Jia!!"
i heard Sunghoon calling me from behind, running towards my direction. I didn't turned towards him and just ran.

I thought the path will lead me somewhere...

"Jiaaa!"

I quickly stopped, putting weights on my feet and falling on the ground as i suddenly reached a dead cliff. I stumbled back, almost falling into the cliff in front of me if only i didn't stopped.

I thought... this is where the bus went? another direction? 

A diversion?

"why... are you running?"
Sunghoon caught up at my position,putting his palms on his knees as he panted for air. 

"I thought this is where we came from..."
I whispered, looking at the cliff miserably.

It was like a three storey-building high, with another forest waiting down below. 

My hopes were shattered in n instant by an illusion. fvck this. 

"Why is this even happening.... What does the killer wants?!!!"
I shouted in frustration, hearing my own echoes as i yelled to no one. I am way too sick of this.... 

"You won't gonna solve the problem if you'll let your anger get the best of you..."
Sunghoon chimed, walking towards my back. I shut my eyes close and took a deep sigh to calm myself. He's right. We won't gonna be able to solve the problem if i'm like this... yes. Pick yourself together... Jia.

I sighed once again before i slowly opened my eyes.

"This is a nightmare."
I whispered, gazing at the forest underneath the cliff after i calmed myself. I just stopped on my tracks and began to recollect my thoughts. Sunghoon is still with me. We can atleast find a way to escape this place.

"It surely is."
I heard Sunghoon whispered from my back.

"You're a good person, Sunghoon... I don't know why you got involve with these too.."
Seeing how he really fought for Jake's survival back then made me think that way. He's really desperate, you can see it in his eyes.