xliv : shining star

Chapter Fourtyfour:

where it all started.

___________________________________

Jake slowly opened his eyes, feeling heavy pain enveloping his whole being. low grunts escaped on his lips while he try his best to wake himself up from his slumber.

tight chains, even stronger than before are on his wrists, ankles, neck and mouth. His eyes, even tho he can't see anything clear because of his twisting vision, can see silhouttes of screens in front of him.

'That bastard...'

Jake cannot believe what he saw before he fell unconscious.

The face of the killer.

It was him all along.

He was just playing along.

he gritted his teeth and lowly grunt, finding it frustrating that he never suspected the guy that turned out to be the culprit. he never expected that that guy can do something like this, something unimaginable.

But It all make sense. he's good at lying.

A fvcking LIAR.

Jake's head is bleeding because of how hard he was hit with a baseball bat on his head. he also feel sore on every part of his body, he was beaten up so bad that he can't struggle anymore.

The only thing he can do is to wait for his time, whenever it will be, for sure it's already near.

'You're unbelievably evil.'

Jake thought to himself, watching the killer's movements through the screens in front of his cell.

_______________

"Now tell me what really happened. I need... I need answers."Jia and Sunghoon walked back inside the black room, seeing everyone awake already. Jake is missing, Heeseung is outside and...

They spotted an empty bed next to Jay's, realizing that Ayaka is also missing.

"Ayaka is also gone.. bloody hell..."

Ni-na cursed out between her breath, panicking silently.

"Why is this all happening? What the hell is happening to us?"

Jia can't help it but to ask, making everyone's attention drawn towards her. She looked around, finding answers from anyone that can answer her but there was none.

"Isn't it already time for us to tell hr what the hell is really going on?"
Sunoo mumbled, looking away. Jia looked at him before glancing back at Sunghoon.

"There's no enough reason for us to tell her."
Jay whispered, audible enough for everyone in the room to hear.

"We were all gonna die anyways. Isn't that enough for a reason to tell her the reason why she's going to die with us?"
Jungwon bitterly laugh causing Jay to worriedly look at him. Jay turned towards Jungwon, slowly walking on the younger's bed to accompany him on his side

"you will not die here, Won."
Jungwon just glanced at the latter, tears started forming on his eyes as he looked down. Sunoo sighed, walking towards Jia's direction and sitting on her bed.

"Come here. I'll tell you a story."

_____________

02 : 26 : 19