xxix : forgotten past

Chapter Twentynine:

"the calmest minds are the most wicked."

___________________

Third Person's

the music finally stopped, there was silence.

He was the only one on the rink.. practicing his routine after the incident that happened earlier.

he wants to unwind, and the only thing that can shift his mind from the problems he has right now is skating.

Sunghoon panted a bit, skating towards where his water bottle is to quench his thirst.

There was way too much on his mind lately, and thinking that the National Competition is only a day away doesn't help at all.

'Don't participate, loser.'

The scene on his locker room were still vivid on his mind. He looked down at the new skates he is currently using, reminiscing the feeling of the skates his father gave him as a gift.

"jungwon is missing... There's a serial killer at the school.. and he knows my secret..."
He whispered to himself.

He remembered the photo Ayaka showed them earlier.

It's Jungwon's name card soaked in red liquid. for sure, that only means the murderer already captured him. we aren't even sure if he's still alive or already dead.

when? how? and who?

Sunghoon sighed, walking out from the rink still with his skates on.

'Is this what you can call karma?'

he asked himself, chuckling bitterly. He threw the water bottle on his hand to the trash bin, suddenly bringing up a scenario on his past.

10 : 03 : 19 | 17 : 43 : 40

"S-Sunghoon?"
he looked at her, eyes confused as he drank the content of the water bottle up to its half.

"What do you want now?"
he felt irritated just by looking at her. She gulped, looking down before answering.

"Y-You're still... on my side right?"

Sunghoon chuckled, looking around seeing no one is around and he can do what he want.

He cannot stain his "ice prince" image just because of the girl in front of her.

"How foolish."

He whispered and poured the remaining water on the bottle to her head, immediately soaking her up with ice cold water making her shiver.

"Sunghoon..."

her tears and the cold water slowly mixed up while flowing down from her face. She's crying.

"I trusted you.... "

Sunghoon just looked at her with ridicule.

"It's not my fault if you're too dumb to realize I am not taking sides."
He said, chuckling. "You see, You messed up. You ruined our plan. And you're expecting I'll give you another chance?" He added, full of annoyance and irritation.