5

The Institute was a wonderland of advanced technology. Screens covered every surface, hologram maps and amazing weaponry were all Davina could see as she and Jace made their way towards the entrance of the Institute. Jace slides a blade into the back of his trousers as Clary appears next to them as they continue their journey towards the door. 

"I saw something behind your friend"

"You're not gonna kill Simon, are you?" Clary asks.

"Protect the humans, kill the demons. You'll get it eventually," Jace says.

Davina pushes open the door to the Institute and makes her way down the steps with care, careful not to bump into Clary as she wobbles like a newborn giraffe.

"So, why can't Simon see you?" Clary asks Jace who lifts his shirt to show a rune to the two women. 

"This is a glamour, a rune that makes me invisible to mundanes. It's a shame, really, 'cause well, denying them all this"

"You're lucky the doors are double," Davina says with a roll of her eyes. "Or else your head wouldn't fit through them"

"What do you have on, Clary?" Simon asks, shrugging off his jacket and wrapping it around Clary's shoulders. "Let me take you both home"

"I don't think I have one anymore.

"Why? What do you mean?" Simon asks.

"Well-"

"Clary Fairchild! Davina Fae!"

Davina pushes Clary and Simon behind her as she turns to face an unfamiliar man with a large circle tattoo on the side of his neck, but what draws her attention is the huge glowing blade he holds.

The man advances towards them but Jace wraps his arms around his neck from behind, giving the younger fighter the upper hand.

"Clary, what's going on? What are you looking at?"

"If you give us the girls, I'll let you live"

"You're in no position to be making rules"

The fighting was intense as the two males were both clearly skilled fighters, both of them gaining the upper hand at certain points. 

"We'll never stop hunting them," The man hisses. 

"This is for my father" Jace snarls before stabbing his sword through the man's chest, his body slumping to the floor. 

"Jace will you now give us an explanation!" Davina snaps. 

"Excuse me?" Simon asks.

"Is he dead?" Clary asks, pointing at the body.

"No Clary, he's just napping after being run through with a sword!"

"Is who dead?"

The dead body now appears for Simon too but Davina notices the tattoo on the side of his neck again and she curiously steps forward and uses the tip of her shoe to tilt his head to the side. It was different to the marking on her neck but almost more of a burn but Davina could tell it was made by the same item that made her marking. 

"What the-" Simon asks.

"Could you deglamourize, or whatever, so our best friend doesn't think we're losing our minds?" Clary asks.

Jace lifts his t-shit, running his stele over the glamour run and Simon leaps back in surprise, clearly able to see Jace now.

"Um... what is happening?"

"Yeah, we don't have the luxury right now, kid. Everyone back inside," Jace says.

"Clary, who is this? Your meth dealer?"