38

Davina's eyes stare at the figure in front of her, her eyes showing no signs of recognition as her facial expression was one of confusion. Magnus stares at her hoping the penny would drop but Davina just stares at him.

"You're the one who advertises tarot readings in TV right?"

"Focus," Magnus takes a hold of Davina's wrist and she frowns, trying to escape Magnus' grasp on her. 

"Let go of me creep," Davina snaps.

Magnus sighs, clicking his fingers. His free hand extends it self to Davina palm up as what appears like a hologram of a cat appears. Davina's face was still a face of confusion as Magnus keeps clicking until a symbol appears in front of her face. Davina's eyes widen, recognition and relief falling on her face.

"That was close," Davina exhales. "We need to speed this up as our assimilation seems to be speeding up"

"You're fighting it better than most," Magnus says. "It must be the Seelie blood coursing through your veins"

"There's no time for theories," Davina replies to Magnus' pondering. "This way, follow me"

Davina, Magnus and Clary push open the door to the basement. Davina closed the door behind her before the trio make a hasty descent of the stairs. Their eyes scanning their surroundings. 

"How do we know what we're looking for?" Clary voices the question that was running through Davina's mind. 

"I'll know it when I see it,"

"What if this doesn't work? Or worse we end up in limbo for the rest of eternity?"

"This will work, Davina," Magnus places a hand on her shoulder. "Have a little faith for once, you pessimist"

"Realist," Davina corrects the warlock. "There's a lot of variables at play here that could mess up this entire plan"  

Footsteps on the stairs cause the trio to exchange worried glances before their eyes move to the figure descending the stairs. A familiar mop of blonde hair is the centre of Davina's vision as Jace appears, a look of anger in his face.

"If you were having second thoughts about us," Jace begins. "You could just tell me rather than running away from me and hooking up with a random guy down here"

"Jace, this really isn't the time to have this conversation," Davina sighs.

'It's never a good time for you Davina," Jace rolls his eyes at the female. "You know what, don't even bother calling. I don't want to see your face"

Jace turns to walk away but a familiar screech fills Davina's ears. The young woman spins on her heel, grabbing Jace's jacket and yanking him back as a demon charges at them, snarling and snapping. Davina's eyes light up and she pushes her hands forward, a wail tearing itself from her mouth. The demon retreats, screeching in pain at the piercing sound. Clary uses this opportunity to snap a broomstick before shoving it into the demon's back, 

"What the hell is that thing?" Jace asks, his eyes wide with fear.

Davina doesn't reply as she takes Jace's hand into her own before the pair begin to run a way from the thrashing demon. When they come to a stop, Jace leans against a crate. His shoulders were trembling and his breathing was coming out in short, panicked pants.

"It's okay. It's okay" Davina says.

A pulsating energy fills the air causing Davina's eyes to glow green as the essence of her reality fills her body. Jace's trembling stops before he turns to face her, a smile on his face.

"Are you my Jace?" Davina asks.

"Yeah, I bet this Jace doesn't have my charming smile," Jace says, looking at his attire with a grimace. "Clearly not my sense of style either. Mind filling me in on what's happening?"