35

Davina anxiously taps the Ace of cups against her fingers, releasing a nervous puff of air. She turns to Jace before sliding the card into his jacket pocket. 

"I need to know it's safe," Davina says, zipping the pocket closed. "In case we don't make it back, you're the one person I trust to keep the card safe"

"You're coming back," Jace's voice was firm but Davina detected the small waver in his voice that showed her even he was unsure.

"Interdimensional travel isn't really documented well, so who knows what's gonna happen," 

"Your a fighter," Jace responds to Davina's uncertainty. "Besides Meliorn can't risk putting you in danger, you're royalty to him so there must be a fall back plan"

"Your highness, it's time," Meliorn says. "Time is of the essence as I'm sure the Clave is already hot on your tail" 

"Meliorn, your risk is recognised by me and is greatly appreciated," Davina bows her head and Meliorn responds to the gesture with a deep bow. "Despite the debt being to myself and Clary, we will not be able to face Valentine on our own. Reinforcements will be required to aid us against Valentine and his supporters" 

"Davina's right," Jace nods in agreement. "Davina is a strong fighter and so is Clary but they will be no match as just a duo against Valentine and the circle"

'When you find the portal to return you to this dimension, you may return for the Wayland boy," Meliorn says. "Shadowhunters require seelie permission to enter this gateway, only demons can come through unaided as they belong to a different dimension themselves. Your highness you can be the one to open the doo so the Morgenstern girl faces less issues entering the realm as she has royal permission"

Davina raises her hand and the limbs of the trees begin to bend and twist together before a golden mass begins to swirl between the trees. Clary and Jace watch in awe as Davina's eyes glow the brightest green they ever had as leaves begin to grow on the marking on her arm.

"Being in the seelie realm enhances the powers of royal members," Meliorn explains to the pair. "It strengthens their ability beyond a measurable amount, they have the power to destroy realms when their abilities are enhanced by the magic of this realm"

Meliorn turns to Clary and Davina who were staring at the golden mass apprehensively. There was a slight hint of fear in their eyes as they face the unknown. Meliorn nods at Clary before dipping his body in a deep bow to Davina.

"Your services to me today shall not be forgotten, Meliorn," Davina says, dipping her head as a sign of respect towards the Seelie soldier. 

Davina takes Clary's hand into her own as the pair walk forward, disappearing from Jace's vision as they are pulled in by the swirling, golden mass.

Davina's eyes open and she is met with the familiar sight of her old bedroom ceiling from her home with Dot. The art she had painted on her ceiling staring back at her.

"Davina, sweetheart, you need to get up and get dressed," Dot's voice rings through the flat. "You have plans today remember with the little army you lot have been forming"

Davina shoots up from her reclined position before climbing from her bed, wincing as the cold of the wooden floor radiates through her socks. The young woman skids into the kitchen where her mother is cooking at the hob, the smell of pancakes and bacon filling the air with a mouth watering scent.

"Mom?!" 

Davina launches herself at her mother, her arms wrapping tightly around the woman who laughs before returning the action. The smell of Dot's perfume fills Davina's nose, reminding her of all the movie nights when she'd rest her head in Dot's lap, the woman running her fingers through her daughter's.