7

"Davina!" Hodge calls and Davina turns to face him. "I want to help you find your parents if you want"

"I wasn't interested in finding them when I thought I was mundane," Davina says. "But now that I know I'm not, I think I want to know"

"Do you have any idea of who it could be?" Hodge asks.

"I had a dream," Davina says. "Whilst I was out in the infirmary I saw my mom, my real mom, giving me to my adopted mom"

"What did she say?"

"That she was waiting till the Seelie court was safe until I could return and be known for my true title," Davina says. "She said that Jackson Branwell had no interest in his half-breed Shadowhunter child"

"I remember hearing rumours of a bastard Branwell that was hidden within the mundane world by the mother but there was never any proof and the Branwell family quashed any of the rumours," Hodge says. 

"What's the Seelie Court?" Davina asks.

"It's the court for all subsections of Seelie," Hodge says, pressing some buttons on a tablet. "Pixies, nixies, faeries. But your mother, she must be the Queen. So that makes you a princess"

"P- Princess?"

Hodge shrugs, tapping on the tablet again and swiping through pictures of female seelies until the face of the woman Davina recalled from her dream appears. 

"Her!" Davina points at the screen.

"That's one of the Queen's forms," Hodge says. "You're her daughter, Davina"

"So what do I do?" Davina asks. "Because surely if she's still not come, it's not safe for me yet"

"If it's true and he really is alive, you've got to keep your identity a secret," Hodge says. "From everyone"

"And if he already knows who I am?"

"Then you're Valentine's next target," Hodge says before wincing as his rune sizzles. "And your life is in more danger than you could ever imagine"

"Let's get out of here, just you, Davina, and me. We can get Dot ourselves" Simon says.

"Simon, there are demons out there, okay? Actual demons with tentacles that wanna murder us. Do you know how to kill a demon?" Clary asks.

"I'm an internet search away," Simon says.

"You search on the internet that you have a headache and it tells you that you're going to die," Davina rebukes. "I don't think it's going to be of much use to us"

"I bet you it's not that hard," Simon says and Davina shakes her head.

"Have fun becoming a demon's dinner then,"

Isabelle pushes a button and a shelf with weapons appears, causing Davina to step forward with an intrigued expression on her face.

"Whoa," Clary says.

"No, Izzy,"

Jace hits Isabelle's hand when she's about to touch one of the swords.

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission"

"I don't approve of this mission. I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, that the little girl and her friend do not leave the premises"

"Hey, my name is not "little girl", okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot" Clary says.

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary and Davina, they're not safe outside alone"