41

The Lightwood siblings exit the elevator and Davina falls into step with them, ending the call that she had been heatedly arguing on. 

"The flowers are unavailable," Davina says. "They ordered the shipment too late to be able to complete the order you placed"

A string of curses leave the mouth of the Lightwood daughter causing Davina and Alec to share a look of surprise at the amount of curse words Isabelle knew.

"I think I can sort the flowers," Davina comments once Isabelle's rage calms down. "Leave that to me"

"Now that the Clave has control of the cup, thanks to your lovely bride-to-be, Mom and Dad can come home now," Isabelle says. "They arrive tonight and I'm just so thrilled for the lecture I'm going to receive from Mom"

"I heard," Alec says. "But you know how to grin and bare it with Mom. Just don't rise to her, nod along, even if she is wrong. Max is staying with his tutors in Idris as it's safer for him to stay there. He's also been struggling in some of his classes"

"With all the dignitaries that are attending the wedding, Mom must be wetting herself," Isabelle says. "I'm sure she'll be making connections with the dignitaries to get herself closer to getting Herondale's position once the old bat dies"

Davina and Isabelle begin to inspect the silverware that was being polished by some of the Shadowhunters. At this moment in time, the biggest threat to their safety was Isabelle's fury if something were to go wrong. 

"This wedding is becoming more of a headache than I originally thought," Alec sighs, watching the hustle and bustle to prepare for his wedding.

"You know you can still change your mind," Davina's voice was hushed as Shadowhunters in the Institute were notorious for eavesdropping and gossiping. "If you-"

"This is what I want," Alec states firmly and Davina nods, though her face was disbelieving.

"Okay," Isabelle says, her tone flat but there was no argument from her. 

"Okay? No big argument from you?" Alecs face had bewilderment written across it, knowing his sister was massively opinionated about his decision to marry Lydia for the sake of the family's honour. 

"You stood by me through my trial," Isabelle says. "This is the least I can do as repayment for that. Also, I'm throwing you a bachelor party"

"A what now?"

"A bachelor party," Davina says. "The party that celebrates your last night as a free man before you are stuck with one woman for the rest of your life"

"I don't need a bachelor party,"

"No one needs a bachelor party," Isabelle says.

"However it is basically a rule," Davina says, raising an eyebrow. "And we all know you're a stickler for rules"

"Jace should be the one throwing it for you, but he's dealing with a lot right now," Isabelle adds. "Finding out his father was never Michael Wayland but Valentine and that Clary's his sister that he never knew about. I don't want to put any pressure on him when he's got to accept this, you know?"

"I understand, sisters can drive you insane sometimes," Alec has a teasing grin on his lips.

"So, Davina, how are we fixing the flower situation?" Isabelle asks.

"Do you not have any faith in me Izzy?" Davina answers Isabelle's question with a question. 

Isabelle eyes Davina suspiciously, a warning sitting in her eyes as she wanted everything to be perfect.