11

The biker bar was dingy and disgusting. The smell of cheap booze and body odour practically seeped from the building. Davina stares at the bar in distaste as a cold, bitter feeling washes over her.

"I don't like this bar," Davina says. "Why are we here?"

"We can't make a move on the vamps until sunrise, at the earliest," Jace replies. "Plus, there's something I need here"

"Hopefully a drink," 

"I don't drink"

"At all?"

"Nope"

"God, no wonder you Shadowhunters are so dull," 

"We kill demons on a daily basis, how are we boring?"

"Your job is interesting, that doesn't mean your personality is,"

"You're mean," Jace grins at the redhead. "I like it"

"So," Davina turns to face Jace. "If we're not at a bar to drink, which is still baffling to me by the way, why are we here"

"Look over there," Jace points at a young couple who were aggressively making out.

"Who, the couple who look like they're to bite each other's faces off?" 

"Focus," Jace whispers into Davina's ear. "There are layers to reality and Shadowhunters can see through those layers. See the Shadow world"

Davina stares at the couple and Jace frowns when her eyes flash a luminous green. But Davina pays no attention to Jace as the true image in front of her is revealed. The blonde woman rears her head back before sinking her fangs into her partner's neck.

"They're vampires," Davina's voice was breathless, shock coursing through her veins.

Jace nudges Davina and points at the man who had just entered the bar. His hair was greasy and messy, his face was sunken to the point that he looked severely ill, and his clothes were threadbare and dirty.

"Check out that guy. He's got something," 

"What? Fleas?" Davina scoffs.

"Now, now," Jace says. "Bet you can't handle his charm"

"Charm? Are you kidding me?" Davina scoffs. "The Subway rats hold more charm"

"You really wanna help find Simon? Go on, go compliment him on his motorcycle. They like that" Jace says.

"You think I don't know how to inflate men's egos?" Davina scoffs. "I have more charm in my pinky finger than you do your entire body Wayland"

Davina shrugs off her jacket and pushes it into Jace's chest with a smirk on her face. 

"Now watch the professional get to work,"

Davina walks over to the man and places her hand on his arm, her wide eyes looking as innocent as a newborn deer but Jace knew differently. 

"I was wondering who owns this bike," Davina smiles up at the man. "It's just so big, how do you handle something so powerful?"

"I've never seen you around these parts before baby," The man replies. "Do you like to ride?"

"I love to ride," Davina whispers to the man before giggling as if she had told him her dirtiest secret. "I'm Davina"

The man raises his hand and slowly moves his fingers as a snake charmer would do to a cobra. Davina frowns almost imperceptibly, casting a confused sidewards glance at Jace. Jace's body straightens up at this, noticing Davina appeared immune to the vampire's encanto which was impossible for anyone without the correct protection. 

"You know you smell like a freakin' angel, right? But without all that Shadowhunter rune crap all over you"

"It's a much better look right?" Davina's voice changes to one as smooth as water.

Jace's frown deepens when he sees Davina's voice travel from her mouth to the vampire's ear. The sound waves were visible to the naked eye which shouldn't be possible even for rune enhanced vision. 

"You know," Davina whispers, unaware of the vampire being completely under her control. "I think you and I should take this bike out of here"

"Yeah, do you wanna jump on the bike, baby?" 

"My mother always said she'd kill me if i got on a motorcycle with a guy," Davina fake giggles. "It's a good thing she's not here"

The vampire places his hands on Davina's waist and lifts her up onto the bike, whispering in her ear as he does so. Jace sees his opportunity to strike and approaches the pair.

"Hey. You having fun with my girl?" Jace asks.

"Piss off, Shadowhunter"

"Brad's gonna take me for a ride," Davina says.

Jace looks down at Davina's hand to see the motorcycle keys in her hand and she shoots him a pointed look.

"That's right,"

As Davina reaches out, she grabs the neck of a glass bottle, ensuring that she holds it tightly. As Jace watches, Davina flits her eyes to him before she lifts the bottle and brings it slamming down onto the vampire's skull. Shards of glass fly everywhere as the vampire snarls in pain. 

Jace takes the momentary distraction to hop on the front of the bike as Davina puts the keys in the ignition before wrapping her arms around his waist. Jace kicks the stand of the bike off the floor before revving the engine and with a roar of the engine, the duo speed out of the bar and into the night. 

"Why did we need the bike?" Davina shouts over the wind roaring in her ears. 

"Most vamp bikes run on demon energy but this one, it's been modified!" Jace turns his head slightly. "You got a good grip?" 

"Why?"

Jace tips the bike up whilst pushing a button and the bike takes flight. Davina's grip on Jace's waist tightens as the wind whips through her hair.

"Why didn't you just do this in the first place?" Davina asks.

"Where's the fun in that?"