34

"Clary, Vina we have to go. Meliorn is a wanted man, we have to get him back to the Seelie court where he's protected"

Clary stops walking and turns around to Simon.

"I wish you could come with us"

"I've got a lot of stuff to work on here. Like, controlling my murderous tendencies. We'll see each other soon"

"Before you know it. Simon, listen, I-"

"What's done is done. I'm a vampire, and you're a Shadowhunter. Maybe that's supposed to mean something, but you're still you. I'm still me. Sort of. Enough, anyway"

"Simon"

Clary and Simon hug.

"Let's work up to hugging because I haven't had dinner yet"

"Sorry"

"It's okay," Simon says.

"Goodbye, Simon"

"If you need to kick Raphael's ass," Davina says. "Give me a call and I'll see what I can do"

"Will do" Simon says.

Davina presses a kiss to his cheek before leaving with Clary and Jace. Jace offers Davina his hand which she takes, lacing her fingers through his own.

Meliorn and Isabelle are kissing when Davina, Jace, and Clary go up to them. Clary clears her throat and they pull apart.

"I hate to break up this reunion, Izzy, but we have to go," Jace says.

"You're in good hands," Isabelle says before turning to the other three. "I need to get back to the Institute, see what hell has broken loose. Try and talk some sense into Alec. Take care of him"

"We will," Davina says.

Isabelle and Meliorn kiss goodbye before she leaves.

"Isabelle told me it was your two's idea to rally the Downworlders. That you spearheaded my rescue"

"Don't give me too much credit. Isabelle made this happen. We just helped" Davina says.

"She's being modest. You're a Shadowhunter now" Jace says.

"I have been surprised by more than one Shadowhunter tonight. You risked everything to unite us. And you, your Highness, you're definitely falling into your role of Princess"

"Right after you tried to sell them both out"

"Not my finest moment. This is why I'm offering you a gift, for your sacrifice. If you're ready, I can help you find your father, Clary"

Meliorn, Davina, Jace, and Clary are walking through the woods.

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore," Clary says.

"Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild, and Your Highness

"Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild, and Your Highness. The remotest edges of it"

"How did we get here?" Davina asks.