30

"Clary, what's happening?" Simon asks.

"You, um, you died"

"I what? What's this?"

He picks up one of the blood bags from the ground and gasps.

"That's blood! Oh, my- Oh, my-"

"Why can't I say-"

"God. It'll take time to regain the ability. There's a lot you will need to learn"

"Oh, my- Damn it! Am I- Am I a vampire?"

Clary nods as Jace holds Davina tightly, his body ready to shield her from any possible attack from Simon. 

"Yeah"

"Clary, tell me... tell me this isn't real. Tell me this is not really happening!"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!"

"I'm, I'm... I'm repulsive!"

"No, please! Please don't say that, okay? You're still the same, Simon. You're the same Simon I've known my whole life. The same guy who loves sci-fi. And who can recite every line from- from every Nicolas Cage movie. The same Simon who carried Davina over the Brooklyn Bridge when she lost her shoe, okay?"

"No, Clary, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are, Simon! You are the same, Simon! You are my best friend!"

"I'm not. I'm nothing more than a monster"

"No, Simon, you-"

"Stay away! Please just stay away"

Simon is gone before any of them can blink and Davina turns to Raphael who bows his head to her.

"I'll look after Simon. You have my word, your highness,"

Raphael goes after Simon and Clary stumbles back, sitting on the ground.

"What did I do?"

"You were selfish," Davina says. "And doing things solely because its what you want never works out how you think they will"

Jace, Davina and Clary run up to Raphael.

"I swear if that kid ruins one more jacket-"

"Where is he?" Davina asks.

"He'll be back"

"You just let him go? You said you'd look after him"

"I can't do that until he's ready"

"What does that even mean?"

"It means he's where everybody goes when this happens. His own personal hell"

"I did this. I put him there"

"If it helps, he doesn't even remember it was you. Those first minutes... a complete blank" Raphael says.

"But Clary has to tell him the truth," Davina says.

"Once you rein him in, he'll be walking, talking proof to the Clave that Camille broke the Accords. In fact, as a new leader-"

"Okay, just stop it! I don't care about your vampire politics! We have to find Simon"

"We will"

"He's out there, he's alone, scared- he's hungry," Davina says.

"Give me a call when he turns up. He'll need my help"

"Can he hurt somebody?" Davina asks.

"Yes"

"Will he hurt somebody?"

"Probably," Raphael says. "Which is why you'll need my help"

"I think we've had just about enough of your help"

"I'll let you know when we find him," Davina says to Raphael.

Raphael leaves. Jace is dialling a number on his cell phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting reinforcements," Jace says.

Jace starts running after getting off the phone.

"Stop. Stop!"

Jace slows down and Clary stays behind as Davina steps up to him.

"Valentine attacked my home. Alec's injured. We've gotta go"

"I can't. You know I can't. Simon's in danger and there will also be mundanes in danger until Raphael teaches him to control his urges"

"So what about Alec? It's not safe out here, Davina. Especially for Seelie royalty and the daughter of the world's most notorious Shadowhunter"

"Okay, did you forget how I single-handedly battled a Shax demon to protect the Cup I bluffed having?" Davina says.

"No, I didn't, I was just- I was gonna say-"

"That I have a lot to learn, yes, but I don't know what else I have to do to prove to you-" Davina begins.

"Davina, you're right, okay? You're right" Jace says.

"Did you just say I'm right?" Davina pauses, slightly shocked.

"Don't get used to it. Look, maybe Luke can help you find Simon. Werewolves are really great trackers"

"Of course, yeah. Good idea" Davina says.

"Just promise me you'll be careful, okay?"

Jace strokes Davina's cheek and Davina leans into his hand.

"Jace, we still have to talk about-"

"Us"

Jace leans in and kisses Davina and she melts into the kiss.

"Excellent talk"