FORTY-EIGHT

"CJ. CJ. CJ? Where are you, my cute apo*?"

I giggle softly while I hide under the table as Naynay searches around the kitchen. She looks at her feet and walks around, hearing her opening cabinets. I giggled some more until she stopped, and I covered my mouth from laughing.

"Where could that little one be?" She says in playful confusion. "Could she be in the closet? Or in this bag of rice?"

"I'm here!" I announced to her in a loud voice.

"Oh! I hear her but don't see her."

I crawled out of the table and peered at her as she opened the upper cabinet. "I'm over here, Nay nay!"

Naynay turns and looks down with a surprising look. "Oh! There you are. I didn't see you there."

I ran to her from under the table, and she picked me up. The feeling of love coming from her always warms my heart. Although his skin was wrinkly and she smelled like crushed roses, it didn't matter that her warmth would be the same forever.

I miss this feeling.

Suddenly, the feeling of my grandmother's warmth turns wet. I opened my little eyes and found myself in deep, dark blue water. I open my mouth only to let out the air from inside. I panicked. I move my little arms and legs to swim up, but it won't let me budge, as if an invisible rope keeps me tied down.

NayNay! Help save me!

I open my eyes and rise to my surprise to see Solomon. "Solomon? How are you here?"

He pulls a small blanket around me to keep me warm. "Tech told me the coordinates of the GPS of the SUV. I found you and Sarah here lying unconscious."

Then it hit me. "Sarah! Where is Sarah?" I frantically ask. I held on to her before we fell into the lake.

"She's okay," Solomon gestures his head to look over his shoulder, and I see Sarah neatly wrapped In a blanket, unconscious.

"My baby," I hug my tummy.

"Your child is fine."

Oddly, I look up at the man, "How would you know?"

"Sarah told me."

Huh?

"How? She's unconscious right now. How can she tell my baby is okay?"

"Before she fainted, she checked your pulse on your wrist and neck after CPR on you and told me that although you had water in your lungs, your baby was fine."

"Have you forgotten Sarah used to be a nurse," Solomon says. "She may have Alzheimer's, but her memories of being a nurse never left her. Her instinct of a nurse kicked in to save you.

I smile and glance my way at Sarah, sleeping soundly. I should thank her for saving my life and my child. She also saved her grandchild in my stomach.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"She will be fine, but we need to get out of here before Eddie's men come searching here."

"What about Brandon and Landon?"

"They are fine. I told them to look for another transportation. We will meet up at our pin location." Solomon helps me up, but something stings below.

I collapse and look to my left ankle to see a stick the size of a pencil pierce through. "Shit," I hiss.

"Fuck, this looks bad." Solomon picks up my feet, and I hiss more, although he does it gently if he touches the area where the pain hurts like hell.

He grabs his pocket knife from his back pocket. "Bare the pain."