FOUR

"Hi, what can I get you, gentlemen?"

"How about that sweet ass sitting on my lap or have your beautiful British mouth sucking my cock," a college guy and his friends' snicker.

I groan and roll my eyes.

This wasn't the first time I got hit on. The moment I started working at B&M bar in downtown Long Beach last night - waitressing.

Yesterday, I took orders from these two drunks who tried to hit me until Big Mac had them kicked out. Then another, with a married man, slapped my ass when his wife wasn't looking until I slipped her a note telling her what her husband was doing. They got into a heated argument the whole night. Just one day of working, I got hit on, slapped in the ass, and wolf-whistled.

I should quit or complain to Billie or Big Mac, but the tips are great.

"Are you a bit young to be working at a bar?" Says the other.

Here we go again.

That's not the first, either. I started working at Nay Nay's restaurant when I was sixteen; people who didn't know me always thought I was in middle school or elementary because of my height. Both of my parents are short, so hence I inherited their height. I'm small in people's eyes.

Like these jerks.

"Sir," being polite and pulling up a fake smile. "I'm twenty-five years old and have a son. I will not tolerate such foul words from you three. So, if you want someone to suck your tiny cock, I suggest Mr. Ludlow over at the bar." I point my thumb to the drunkard, Alan Ludlow. Billie, one of the managers and Sam's aunt said he comes here every night to order fish and chips and cold beers. I got to meet the old champ and say he's very talkative when drunk, but I found it funny.

As I wrote down three beers for three losers on the pad, two all ooohed at their friend and then left the table to give the order to Billie.

"Fuckin bastards," I mutter.

"What's wrong, Claire?" Billie asks with her Texas accent, which I find more amusing than my British accent, and hand me three cold open beer. We praise each other accents.

Billie Fowler is a woman in her late thirties, married to Mackenzie Fowler, aka Big Mac, the other manager of this bar and the cook. They are Sam Fowler's guardians since his parents passed away when he was younger. His aunt Billie took him in and raised him.

"Nothing, just talking to myself." I place the beers on the tray and sigh.

"Doesn't sounds nothing. Since yesterday, you also pulled that face. Men giving you trouble?"

"Men. My height. You know, issues."

"What is wrong with your height?" Billie wiped a glass cup dry and went to clean the next one.

"Billie, when Sam introduces me to you and Big Mac to work here. What were your thoughts about me?"

Billie places the glass down and drapes the towel rag over her shoulders. "My first thought about you is why a teenager wants to get a job at a bar. But when you showed me your passport, my perspective changed drastically. I'm not one to judge; I mean two lesbian who owns a bar and raise my nephew, who is also gay. We all got issues, but we deal with it."

I sigh.

"I often get teased at home because of my height and looks."

"There is nothing to be ashamed of. I wish I looked the way you look. I'm pushing forty next year and worried about gray hair."

I chuckle.

"Don't let anyone get the best of you because of your height and looks."

"Sometimes people think Leo, my son, is my little brother." As I said, another waitress, Marla, asked for the customer's drinks, and Billie quickly made them and then handed them to her.